Are we ready for Hanna?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KDsGrandma, Sep 1, 2008.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm not

3. KDsGrandma

Do we all have to go to Food Lion and stock up on white bread and beer? Or is that just for snowflakes? :mrgreen::lol::lol:

4. browns rule

browns rule Guest

speaking of snowflakes my early prediction is we will get a good winter storm this year. 8"-20" range, probably Jan-Feb time frame you all have plenty of time to prepare

5. KDsGrandma

OK, thanks for the advance warning. Are you going to get into a fountain downtown if it doesn't happen? :jester:

6. browns rule

browns rule Guest

Gustav beat her down so she couldn't gain much strength.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Gustav is having little effect on Hanna. ANd those of us familiar with hurricanes are taking this seriously. Spent all weekend getting the Morehead property ready for Hanna. If the track follows such that it makes landfall near Savannah and heads N, with Raleigh as the center line, the eastern part of the state still faces tornado strength winds, rains, etc...and storm surge. Hanna need only modify her track about 75 miles eastward before the coast gets NAILED.

Still have time to prepare for here. I'd fill up soonest, and get to the store for non perishable goods. check the flashlights/batteries..and those in the portable radios, etc.

H6

8. clements4christ

clements4christ Well-Known Member

ACCUWEATHER

I just heard Joe Bastardi from Accuweather on the radio. Joe has been extremely reliable the last few years. His opinion is Hanna will slam Wilmington, which by my eye, puts the Triangle in the tropical force wind range...

Keeping an eye on the Atlantic!

Todd

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Bread is the universal need for all storms. For snowstorms, you add milk and eggs. For hurricanes, its ice and batteries.

I'll take a snow storm. I can start a fire, bundle up and stay warm, plus open the front door and see the pretty snow. Build a snowman if you will. However, with hurricanes, it's wet, humid, and hot if you lose power. No A/C and no fans. Open the windows and in come the mosquitoes. Plus, there's nothing to do unless you're going to throw sticks blown from the trees or build a mudman. Weeee!

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

11. bchcrsr

bchcrsr Well-Known Member

I'm not either. Where I work we are required to do shelters if neccesary.

12. KDsGrandma

Notice, since I first posted this, the prediction has been upgraded from Category 1 to Category 2 when it makes landfall.

13. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

me either......we do storm clean up!

14. bchcrsr

i know you hate to see storms as much as i do. Sorry, you might have it worse than me.

15. i am really looking forward to some snow this year. I would love to see another record snow fall like we had in 2000

16. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

we do snow clean up too! i run the office alone when these happen, no way i will get out in it! my boys work around the clock and are miserable!

17. I am kind of hoping it vears enough so the eye goes right over Goldsboro

18. bchcrsr

I don't blame you. Anything under 60 degrees and my muscles don't work. I am totally solar powered. I'd make the "boys" do it too.

19. Steve

Steve Guest

Does this mean my saturday night pool party gig is going to cancel?

20. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Along with the ZZ Top concert! Oh well, I better make sure we are stocked up on charcoal so we can cook outside on the grill.

Another good idea is to fill your bathtubs up with water to flush the toilet, etc. as needed.:lol: