Are we ready for Hanna?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KDsGrandma, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I just went to the Food Lion on Timber Drive. I needed bread, french fries, and a couple of other things.....when I walked down the bread aisle, I was shocked. I'll bet there were only about 15 loaves of bread on the whole aisle...and part of those were not fresh. I didn't need milk or anything like that so I didn't even look at it.

2. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I was just at FL off of 210....there is alot of bread, eggs, water left. Not much milk tho.

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I just got back from Wally World...They had plenty of milk, water gallons were completely gone. Cases of water were about 1/2 gone, didn't go down the bread isle, as I still have 2 loaves, but I did buy a loaf of fresh italian bread from bakery with no problem. Store was not busy by any means, but I did notice quite a few people, including myself buying batteries and flashlights. :mrgreen:

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Fran came in September after Bertha had come in July of that same year. Bertha was a cat. 2 storm and we were all afraid of it, but it didn't do all that much damage around here, just strong wind and lots of rain. So, the "cry wolf" thing kind of happened with Fran and we didn't do very much as far as preparation for it... which proved to be a BIG mistake!

5. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Fran was the downed trees, no electricity Hurricane.(BTW, for those of you who didn't know, Fran was also the main reason our hockey team chose the "Hurricanes" as their mascot when they came in 1997. Anyone know what the owner originally wanted to call the Canes?)

Floyd in 99 was the big flooding hurricane. It hit on a late Thursday and Friday. I got married on that Saturday. Half of the people invited couldn't make it due to all the bridges being flooded. ALL the bridges: Both Hwy 70 and 70 Business, all the little crossings etc.

I hope none of the upcoming storms approach either of those.

Answer to my above question: Icehogs........hence the mascot Stormy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

From what I;ve been reading and hearing....forget Hanna...need to keep a big watch on Ike, already a Cat. 4.

Craig

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

tru that!

8. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

triple tru dat!!

9. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Not worried about here.

My place at the end of North Topsail....well..

11. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

12. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Looks like the big boy is taking aim at Florida.....

13. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

She shifted West again.:? Watching the news about it now.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  14. its drizzling out here in goldsboro

15. ready2cmyKing

Now they're predicting that Fayetteville will get hit hard by Hanna. That's a little too close for comfort.

16. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

It's way too close to my elderly Mom, who lives in the woods by herself. She lives 15 mins. from Fort Bragg, so it's about a 20 minute drive to Fayetteville...I better call her to see if she's going to a friends home, etc.

17. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

It's official. I'm getting a little askeerd of Hanna.

I went to food lion because I actually am out of bread. The bread aisle was fine but there was a stocker working 1 aisle over putting out 2 pallets of charcoal and three pallets of water... I didn't buy water, now I'm thinking maybe I shoulda.. *sigh* Meanwhile, if we loose power we'll have clean clothes to wear (I've been doing laundry)

18. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yeah, and 4 days ago Hanna was going to make landfall at Georgia...I don't really start listening until about 2 days before it hits. It'll change 10 times before then. But it sure does look like a big one!

19. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Its clear now and very quiet out there.

20. ready2cmyKing

I just took the dogs out and noticed how calm it is, with no rain right now. But look at the band of rain that's heading our way.