TGI Fridays

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JustMe, Sep 5, 2008.

1. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Has anyone gone to the new TGI Fridays at White Oak?

2. mugsy_211

mugsy_211 Active Member

I went last friday for Mock service, and it was good. I am just glad we have another choice in the area. I can say if it is like any other opening I will wait awhile or go during lunch when it won't be as crowded.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ate there tonight. A bit of a wait, but no worse than any other restaurant in the area. It was good too, all three of us enjoyed our meals. I'll be back soon.

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

The Dragonfire Chicken...is off the hook.

5. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Explain what is a Dragonfire chicken...whats on it...catchy title

6. baseballmom

baseballmom Guest

we ate there for lunch - right now they are over staffed - our server was alittle too over the top ... food was great

7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]DRAGONFIRE CHICKEN
    Marinated chicken breast topped with fiery Kung Pow sauce, mandarin oranges and pineapple pico de gallo. Served with stir-fried brown rice and cilantro lime seasoned broccoli.

http://www.fridays.com/menu/menu_chicken.htm
    [/FONT]

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That is so much better than most resturant openings that are under staffed, due to under estimating how busy they will be in the beginning.

Craig

9. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

went for lunch on Saturday, it was good, was told the wait was 20 mins, and only had to wait about 5 mins. To many options on the menu, will have to go back again :)

10. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

We were there for lunch yesterday too! We went a little early - 11:45 and had no wait. We were greeted by four people when we walked in. The service was great and the food was yummy. I had the pepper crusted pork chop, which I've never had before. It was good! Their menu is so extensive it will take a long time to try everything!

11. Rostrawberry

Sounds very Yummy

12. johnstoncogirl

johnstoncogirl Well-Known Member

Went last night, but decided not to wait. It was really crowded then. Went back early this evening and had no trouble. They said we would wait 10-20 minutes, but seated us in about 90 seconds. That was a bit weird, but a pleasant surprise. The overstaffing thing was something I have never seen. The TGIF servers and hosts, etc. were literally stepping on top of each other. I had to ask several to move out of the way to even get to the restroom. I suspect that was just for the first few days, so that servers could get used to things with only a few tables at first. My husband and I joked there were as many servers as customers and that was not much of an exaggeration.

The food we got was really good, except for the BBQ ravioli appetizer. The sauce was great, but the ravioli only so-so. Everything else was wonderful. We got ribs, their specialty mashed potatoes, the cheesy cheeseburger (forget the exact name) and fries and we tested each others food so we would know what we might want to order next time. My daughter got the kids' mac & cheese and it was really, really creamy and good. Not just the kind from the box so many places serve. Our server charged us for her kids' drink, which was supposed to be included in the kids' meal, but we caught it and they changed it right away. I would suggest you check your bill more carefully than usual since everyone and everything is new. It will probably take a while to work out kinks like that, but our visit was very good.

13. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

With all these good reviews, I guess I'll be taking my HBFF there for her birthday.

14. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

I went last night and had the peanut butter fudge pie and it was really good. They were celebrating several birthdays and made the people stand on their chairs while they were singing to them!

15. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

HBFF?

16. Rostrawberry

Trying to figure that one out :confused: Maybe Husband Best friend forever...LOL

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hollywood Black Film Festival?

18. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Heterosexual Best *uck friend?????

LMAO!!!!!!!!! I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!1:lol::lol::lol::lol:

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Howdy Bojangle's Fellow Fatties!

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member