Sonic Boom

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Did anybody else just here that huge double boom, everyone in our neighborhood just hit the streets.

2. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

Same here, our whole 'hood was outside trying to figure out what it was.:?
    Wonder if it was an explosion?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Shook our house in Glen Laurel. Everyone came outside here too!

4. JC1000

JC1000 Member

yes

heard it in east clayton. i was mowing the lawn and had my ipod jacked and it scared the living daylights out of me.

5. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

Scared me too, I had JUST dozed off for a sec before getting dinner for the troops, woke me up, thought it was my kids destroying the house. LOL

6. garnet

garnet Well-Known Member

Here too off of Lee Rd. I jumped off the couch and my dogs are freaking out. Anyone have any idea what it is?

7. lightningmcqueen

lightningmcqueen Well-Known Member

boom

thought it was either a jet, earthquake, or heaven forbid, a gas explosion. Did anyone see the jet?

8. Solak

Solak Member

Heard it here by the JoCo airport... was outside dumping grass clippings in the compost pile. My initial thought was it sounded like a propane explosion. Didn't hear any jets overhead this part of Clayton prior to the 'boom'. The sound was well west of here.

9. Musiclover

Musiclover New Member

I heard it here near Clayton Muncipal Park. Just spoke with my mom, who lives in Wendell, she heard it there as well.

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I can't believe a jet could shake our house like this unless it crashed!

11. CandyR85

CandyR85 Guest

Wow, this is totally freaking me out. I heard it in Garrison off of Amelia Church...the whole house shook. Looking forward to finding out what it was.

12. MCCx3

MCCx3 Well-Known Member

Same

Heard off of Barber Mill... anyone reported any activity? Sirens etc?

13. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh - We are off Corbett Road. I was in our bedroom, my husband was in the screened-in porch when we heard it. We thought something happened to the other. Our roof rattled so we thought something fell on the roof but after walking about the property for several minutes, we couldn't see where anything hit. I just asked him if he thought it could have been something in the neighborhood.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Wife is sending a response to the Public Affairs officer at SJ to see if they know anything about it.

15. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Here too (off 42 by the DMV).

SOmeone said it could've been a jet breaking the sound barrier (we live in the military fly zone) and heard a plane afterwards...

16. MCCx3

MCCx3 Well-Known Member

WRAL: Dozens of WRAL viewers around Clayton and Wendell have reported hearing loud booming noises that shook their houses. WRAL is working on the story and will report more information once it becomes available.

(I emailed too lol)

17. colinmama

colinmama Guest

How did I miss this? I'm at 40/42 near Chops. Did anyone else over here hear it? My hubby was even outside and didn't mention anything to me. I'm just as anxious to find out what it was though. Hope nobody was hurt.

18. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

I about peed my pants. I thought someone had ran into my house it shook so hard. Over here near Barber & Jack. I have never seen so many of my neighbors before!

19. Monkeychi1

Monkeychi1 Member

We heard it too - by the water tower Wilson St at O'Neal St

We heard it too, in our house near the water tower by Wilson Street at O'Neil Street. It was very loud, like an explosion, but no rumble or echo. Without any echo you would expect it to be nearby. But you guys by DMV would be 2.6 miles away! So it probably was a sonic boom. Don't you usually get 2 or 3 of them when there's a sonic boom, though?

20. blumedenley

blumedenley Well-Known Member

We live off of government and barber mill, we heard it to.