A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:ack:

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We're all just getting over it.

3. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

It's just too early for all that..... it's still summer....hope everyone is feeling better

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

that's what I was thinking too.....its not even flu season :confused:

5. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

ewwwww flu- i am soooo sorry - I had that in the summer once- yuck!

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Teen came home with an upset stomach today and asked if something was going around...told her I would check 4042 and sure enough looks like at least one family has had the flu, cannot beat our Forum. Hope that's not what she has. Pepto and soup tonight.

Sherry

7. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

bless her heart!

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I'll let her know Aunt Kimmie said that. It'll put a smile on her face.

Thanks,
    Sherry

9. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:lol: thank you!

10. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

good night everyone, drive home carefully if you are not already there! Wrecks everywhere!

11. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find it odd that my boy who will be 3 in 2 weeks, is just barely fitting into 18 month clothes? Actually, the 2 pairs of pants that I bought him in that size are too big! I don't think he's ever going to grow!

My4kiddies - I can't remember what size you said your little one is in, but I just put together a box of 12-24 month size clothes I don't want/need, if you're still interested! If not, let me know, I don't want it sitting around too long, I'm trying to get my attic cleaned up!

12. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Do you have older kids who seemed underweight? I'd say if it was something wrong his pediatrician would have mentioned it to you before now. Some kids just have very small frames and may seem underweight when they are actually healthy.

All 4 of mine were big at birth and NEVER wore the sizes that went with their age. They were always 1-3 sizes larger than the age so it's hard for me to say. However, 18mo. clothes at 3yo does seem a bit much to me but I'm no DR. I'd say it's worth talking to the Doc since you are concerned.

13. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Didn't mean to startle anyone! Believe me, I've spoken with the dr!! Since the day he was born (literally, from the minute he was born!) he has no desire to eat. If he was my first, I'd be more concerned probably, but he's my 3rd. Is that terrible to say? I nursed all my boys, and from the first time, I noticed he was different. Would only drink for about 5 minutes (seriously) and just had no desire to eat. He was born a healthy 7 pounds, no problems healthwise, and he just follows his own curve. He's not on the charts for his age, at 1 year he was in the 5% for a 9 month old! I don't have a scale, but I think he's probably 25-26 pounds, and like I said, almost 3. He's very healthy, only had I think 1 ear infection and 2 stomach bugs his whole lifetime (short as it might be so far8)) but still healthy! Just doesn't have any interest in eating, and is very, very, very rambunctious! As for the other kids - my oldest was born 9 pounds, and he's pretty much normal in size, and my middle one was also 7 pounds, and is a little small, skinny but normal height. I'm only 5', and my hubby is 5'8", so we're not exactly amazon people!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  14. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find it odd that my boy who will be 3 in 2 weeks, is just barely fitting into 18 month clothes? Actually, the 2 pairs of pants that I bought him in that size are too big! I don't think he's ever going to grow!

My little brother was like that. He was always very small for his age. He looked like he was only 3 years old when he started kindergarten then all of a sudden towards the end of the school year he started filling out and now he is in 3rd grade and is over weight. I don't want to scare you with that, I think it has to do with the fact that my mom can't/won't tell him NO so he eats whatever he wants whenever he wants.

15. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I think I might get that checked out.... it would be very concerning to me....

16. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone!

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

This really doesn't sound like something to be terribly concerned about. You've spoken with his doctor about it; he's not sickly, and he seems to have plenty of energy. I understand we're always going to worry about our kids, but I think you should just relax about this! Of course, bring it up with his doctor at his regular checkups, but as long as he seems so healthy and the doctor seems to have no real concern about it, I wouldn't worry.

18. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

a 3 year old in 18 month clothes that are too big for him?????? Thats way to tiny.

19. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

I hate cancer.

20. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

oh no :( me too!

Are you ok?