A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

hey, mom. yeah it isn't me. got a call from my dad last night.

Really??!!

Does it have to take both parents?

:? Frogger

2. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Oh hun, I am so sorry.. I will pray for the best for your dad and family!!

3. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

me too

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

The dr has been on top of it since the beginning. He's always gained weight, just slowly. He says as long as he's gaining, it's ok. He's on his own curve, that's all. In the beginning I even had to take him in an extra time or two to make sure he was gaining, when there were too many months in between the well-child check ups. Like I said, he's just not that interested in food. Period. If he was eating a lot and not gaining, I'd be concerned. I was the same way as a baby. I have my baby book, and it says: I would not eat fruits, vegetables, meat, pasta. My mom says I literally wouldn't eat anything! He's not so much picky as he just isn't interested. He's a big breakfast eater (thank goodness!) he'll eat a waflle, yogurt and banana all in the morning. lunch might consist of applesauce or pasta salad or just pickles (he looooves them!) and I'll be lucky if he eats dinner at all. He does eat any kind of fruit, which is great, and he gets protein from cottage cheese, he loves that as well. I'm really hoping when he grows up it will change! we'll see...

5. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

Then why did you ask??? I'm confused.............

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

DMJ, he'll probably wind up being 6'2" and 210 lbs as a grown man. :) We've accused our dd of having a tapeworm because she used to eat ALL THE TIME (she's a grazer) but at 7 years old she isn't even 45 lbs yet. She's just a thin kid and her frame is tiny. She was always in about the 5th percentile for weight when she was a baby too. She's pretty tall for her age though so it's really hard to find pants that fit her waist without being too short on her. Waist wise, she can still fit in a 4T, but length wise, no way, she needs a 7. I wouldn't worry about him if his doctor isn't worried -- he'll make up for it when he's a teen and starts eating you out of house and home!

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

That's what I figure too! My oldest was born in the 95% (9.3 pounds), and by 1 year he was only 10%, and now he's about 60%, and eats everything in sight - more than me some days!! I don't know what I'll do when they're all teens at the same time - 3 boys, ugh! I say it's a good thing the small one doesn't eat much, since the others do, saves on the food bill!

Kimmie - I was just saying it because I had just tried on a bunch of pants on him for the cold weather, and it still amazes me how small he is - he's wearing the same pants he wore last winter (some of them). He's growing length-wise, just not around the waist. His shirts are a 2T, but his pants I'm really having a hard time with. If they're not elastic around the waist, or if I can't tighten them somehow, 18 month won't work because they're too big around. They're long enough though, 12 month are too short! I'm afraid I'll have to pay a seamstress for my 3 yo's clothes!! And I know people will be buying him cute 3T clothes for his bday because they don't know any better, and I'll have to take them all back!:lol: He's the cutest little thing though, I'm kind of glad my youngest is so small, it keeps him my baby just a little bit longer...

8. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

cool deal!

9. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I hope the sun comes out today.

I'm starting to feel MOLDY,
    just around the edges! ;)

Like old bread! :)

10. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Join the club ... my DS#2 will be 3 in November and still wears 24 months / 2T....but he eats constantly. Has his dad's digestive system! :? Doctor says the same thing to us.... as long as he keeps gaining weight and being normal then we're good.

11. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

I agree with KDsGrandma. My son just turned 3 and he has some 18 month shorts that fit him. Mostly he is wearing size 2 clothings. He is 26.5 pounds at his 3 year check up. He is around 10% for his weight. He has always been around 10% and the Dr. says as long as he is eating and healthy to not worry about it. He eats like a horse, but does not gain weight. I am small framed and his dad is not a giant, so the Dr. is not concerned. Keep doing what you are doing. Who knows, when our boys get to be teenagers they may decide to take a growth spurt.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's tough when your kid won't eat like you think they should. DS was a FAT baby, off the charts for the first year. :shock: Then he just stopped eating. I think he just was storing up the first year, so he wouldn't have to be bothered to eat for the next couple years.:lol: Like to have drove me crazy!! Now he's tall for his age, but SO skinny. I still struggle with not "making" him eat. As the peds always stress not to make them eat if they aren't hungry. He's more of a "grazer" who eats smaller amounts several times a day. So I do my best to provide healthy snacks and try not to worry too much. But some days it harder than others.

13. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

:iagree: My daughter is the same way, tiny little thing, can still wear some of her 2T clothes at the age of 4, and there is not a thing wrong with her.

14. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

frogger....I am sorry to hear about your dad.

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Frogger. I understand...lost my mom to cancer a month ago...Cancer Sucks!

www.choosehope.com I had to get the Cancer Sucks shirt because that says it all.

16. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Why do people run ads in the classifieds, and then when you contact them they don't respond? :neutral: I've emailed and called a few, and they don't return either one!!! For ex: We've contacted this 'window tint' person, he finally returned the call after like 2 weeks. Then we called him again to set-up actual appt - 5-6 days ago, he STILL has not called to confirm......:evil:

ok - rant over.......:lol:

17. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

So am I frogger. If I can do anything for you please let me know. I'll be praying for you and your dad.

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

NP For some silly reason, when I wear my shirt or the bracelet and use my water bottle, I feel empowered. I guess the whole thing of bringing attention to cancer and hopefully finding a cure. Also, some of the money is given to cancer research. Our social worker with Hospice gave us the site. She is a cancer survivor herself.

19. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

sorry frogger

20. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

I was just about to tell her to talk to you. :lol: