TGI Fridays

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JustMe, Sep 5, 2008.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

ROFL! They have THAT in the urban dictionary! How funny!

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

^Oh come on now, you had to have made all those up. They are all describing the same thing. ;) :lol:

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

nah...but we all know that bff is best friend forever... so I just looked for some other urban slang that started with H and put them together myself...Urban dictionary was just an aid. :jester:

4. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

LMAO! That's my favorite guess so far! You all are right about the BFF being best friend forever. The H adds an element of physical attraction. So far, no one has gotten it correct yet. Keep on tying though. I'm enjoying this.:lol:

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Hung?

like i was the only one thinking that.

6. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Hunk?...Hunky?... Hunkiest?..... OK, I got it!!!... Hunky Dory!!! :lol:

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

But - OP says 'her' birthday. :?: Hottest Best Friend Forever :?:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  8. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray: Yeah! I won! LOLOL ... my mind was just in the gutter yesterday as it seems Grinder's was / is too ......:mrgreen::mrgreen:

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Looks like some folks are unaware that Snuf is a guy. I don't have a guess myself, but I would guess Grinder & Satman are probably wrong.

10. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

Me and my hubby tired this place last night. The food was awesome. However, the waitress we had seemed to be lost and confused the whole time. I agree that they had way too many servers. They were running into each other and fighting over the cash register.
    We will go back but may wait a few months.

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

How busy have they been - have you had to wait to be seated when you've gone (anyone, at any particular time)?

12. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Went again yesterday for lunch. Got there right before noon and while it was full, we got a table without waiting. The food was great again, but I wanted to comment on their customer service this time. When our food came, my friend's sandwich & salad were not there. We waited a bit and it finally came. It was much later than our food, but not even long enough for us to have asked about it nor complained about it yet (we were just getting ready to complain). The next thing we know the manager comes over and starts apologizing profusely. No exaggeration, he kept apologizing over and over and saying that was not the norm around there, etc. When our checks came, he had taken off her entire meal, so she ate for free! And all that without us even complaining or questioning the length of time for her food.

That kind of customer service goes a long way with me! Also, other than the food snafu, our service was great again. I'd much rather have waiters tripping over themselves than sitting there with no one to be found! I'm sure they are bending over backwards in the beginning to make a good impression, I just hope it continues on. Kudos to yesterday's manager! :cheers:

13. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

We've been there twice for lunch, last Sat. and yesterday, both times right before noon. We had no wait either time. Haven't tried dinner yet though. I'm not even sure if they've had their grand opening yet. Anyone know? So when more people realize it's open there may be some wait times. I imagaine weekend nights will be pretty busy too.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Elims,

we went last Friday night, in the rain, LOL. It was packed and they told us the wait would be about 25 minutes, we ony waited 10 minutes. I'm wondering if they told us longer, so we would be pleasantly suprised, LOL. I'm not complaining in the least, and will probably go back this weekend. It was good.

15. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I was going to go there last night but the line was too long. There were no spaces in the parking lot and it was so crowded folks were waiting outside. We opted to go to the traditional birthday place in my world - The Texas Roadhouse.
    I even drank TWO Texas Teas- and got to work earlier then normal.

16. Lookout55

Lookout55 Well-Known Member

We went last weekend @ 2p, it was busy but we got right in. They have this chicken sandwich that is made up like a jalopenio (sp) popper. HOLY CRAP it was Goooood. If you like hot peppers this was delisheeossso.

Service was kinda slow but my kids were kinda loud so it all evened out:mrgreen:

17. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

We got there around 8 last night and didn't have to wait at all.
    I forgot to mention that when I ordered my food I also ordered a salad. The waitress made sure she informed me that she was charging me the additional $2.49. When my food came, she never brought me my salad. I had to ask for it. She finally brought me the salad but no dressing. When I starting eating it, there was honey mus-My Friend on the bottom. I ordered ranch :?. Why would they put dressing on the bottom of the salad? I guess not only did we get someones appetizer, but I got someones salad.
    I will go back but not for a while.

18. micmin21

micmin21 Guest

Great Food

My daughter and I went there for lunch there was no wait and the food was great. Be careful though when you get a kids meal and make sure you don't get charged for a drink. It seems as though some of the wait staff doesn't realize it comes with a drink. Go to TGI Fridays website and sign up for their rewards program and in a couple of days you will get a pass to go to the front of the line if their is a wait. Just an FYI.

19. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We went last night at 4:00 with the kids. Food was good, menu was great, lots to choose from! They even have a page with smaller portions for a smaller price, I like that option! I got the burger sliders, hubby got some pasta with sausage/sauce, he loved it. Kids got chicken fingers, one of them ordered a salad with ranch, but wished it came on the side, they put a lot of dressing on it. So next time we'll just request that on the side. The waiter was excellent, very friendly, great with the kids, wish I could remember his name, Jamie maybe? Anyway, it wasn't packed at all, but I did notice a lot of servers, too many really! We tried going Saturday night with the kids, but the wait was too long with the kids, so didn't go in. But we will definitely go back, a lot more food to try! :mrgreen:

20. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Went for the 2nd time over the weekend for lunch, food was good, no wait, but customer service was not as good as the first time. I think our waiter had way to many tables.