TGI Fridays

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JustMe, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I will have to wait until November to have a dinner date with my DH. Too much going on right now with the kids activities and his softball games. Hopefully by then, all the minor details will be taken care of over at TGIF.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

So Snuf, you neva did tell us what the H stands for ..........:lol:

3. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

You're the winner, Bandmom! :hurray: The H is for Hottie, and you got the closest with Hottest (she's my only, so the comparative ending wouldn't fit.) For the record, I am male and I am straight.

Thanks for playing everyone! Now, give all the cash you collected in the pool to Bandmom.:mrgreen:

Snuff

4. Rostrawberry

5. bandmom

:hurray: and, I will accept checks... :lol:

6. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

We went Sunday morning/noonish. We had the loaded potato skins as an appetizer. It was OK. We both had the half rack of ribs. WOW. Very good. Out of all the local chain's ribs, (Chili's, Logan's, Ruby's, Outback, etc.) I thought they were the tastiest. This will sound cheesy but oh well. I liked that they used sunlight to help "brighten" the place and the walls were colorful. I liked it.

7. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

I took the wifey out there last friday for a late lunch and was impressed. I can't remember what she had, but I had the cajun chicken and shrimp . Basically a big bowl of alfredo pasta with chicken and shrimp. Really good.

One thing about their menu is there is such a wide selection, it was tough on making a decision on what to try.. I got to try the ribs next time i go

8. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

Went last night and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was nice and fun. My boys want to go there now for their birthday! We will definitely be back for dinner! Great job TGIF's!:cheers:

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Rode by the place last night, was planning to eat there till the wife and I pulled around front, and saw the line coming out the door with people sitting on the sidewalk waiting to eat.

Went over to Chili's instead, walked in sat down at the bar and except for the screaming child at another table near the end of our dinner, it was great.

Craig

10. my2monkeys

my2monkeys Member

We went. Will not go back for awhile. They had pleanty on staff. But no one knew what they were doing. Took 10 mins to get our drink order. Another 10 to get our drinks and take our order. Only to have the waitress come and tell us that salads cost 8.00 when added onto a meal. We had to show her the price of the add on for her to accept it. Finally got our food after 1 1/2 hours after entering and sitting down (no wait as we went strait to a seat).

Some people were still waiting on their food when everyone else at the table were having dessert. I was NOT impressed. Our waitress did not even know tha someone had already gotten their salad, eaten it, and had it removed. She told the couple beside us their salad was coming up and they were just waiting on dinner.

Warning. If you have kids plan on them climbing the walls waiting on dinner. Snack before entering. Order everything at one time and pray they are paying attention.

11. doggy

doggy Well-Known Member

T.G.I.Fridays is good for eats!

We ate supper at Fridays last night. It was crowded but we were seated in about 15 minutes. Food was great, service was great and it's nice to have another eatery in the area. I highly recommend the peppered pork chop with signature mashed pots and onion rings. Awesome!

12. Rostrawberry

whhhooo hoooo I am meeting my DH with my dds for dinner this afternoon. I hope it will be good. I will update later on.

Something came up so we never went....but we did support the HS band at Chick fil a tonite.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  13. bandmom

We were going Sat night, but the line was out the door and was told the wait was 30min. We had places to go so couldn't wait - went to Chili's - not too crowded....lots of State fans!

14. mike79

mike79 Active Member

I would make the dentist buy.

15. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

16. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

ROTFL! I noticed that and thought it odd that she was having dinner with her dentist, however, weirder things have happened!

17. Rostrawberry

Oh I am sorry...I meant my darling daughters :mrgreen:

18. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the ghetto slang that the wait staff was using

19. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Went yesterday and everything was pretty good overall!!! As a parent I prefer the kids meal that come with a drink in the price and not pay $0.99 on top.... and I prefer a refill on my Sprite when it was $2.39 for one glass!! LOL Oh my! I was in shock when I looked at the bill and the girl forgot my refill! I should of gotten 2 refills at that price plus a to go cup. LOL However the food was hot and fresh and the place was clean and organized! Will go back but get lots of refills! lol

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Jumped the shark, already

Went in today at 5. Not real busy. Was seated immediately. Took about 5 minutes for waitress to amble over. Ordered iced tea for DW and me. Waitress scribbled it down, looked at DW and asked her what she wanted to drink. DUH!!!!

Appetizer was the something something quesadillas. OK. Would only eat them again if someone else ordered, offered to share, and was paying. Just asked DW what the name of them was. She replied, "Nasty!"

Her sliders were OK. My California club was good, as it was a week ago when we went in. French Fries were cold. Didn;t eat fries. Appeared to be no point in complaining about them. Asked for mayo on side when ordering the sammich. Got it after I finished sammich.

Took forever to get refills for tea.

Manager never came by to ask who things were.

Right now, I'd rank them under Ruby Tuesday's. At east at RT's I can get a salad and hot sides.

TGI Fridays had about a month of glory and then apparently got complacent.

No plans to return.