La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. tatertot36

tatertot36 Well-Known Member

La Piazza review

I ate at La Piazza recently and thought that the entree was delicious. I had the chicken rollatini at the suggestion of the waiter, Chris. It was to die for! I had planned to order the chicken alfredo which my kids ordered and I am glad that I took Chris's suggestion. The alfredo sauce was not nearly as tasty as the rollatini sauce. My husband had the veal parm which he thought was great as well. I am not much on red sauces but the parm sauce was really good (for a red sauce) - it had a slightly sweet flavor which I liked better. He also liked this sauce better than the regular red sauce that was served on the spaghetti side. I do agree with several of the previous posts about the salads - not much to them. We also had the calamari - the rings were a little tough but the whole squid pieces were crunchy and all of it had a good flavor. I think that the bread was okay but could be a little softer - I did like the dipping oil. The service was excellent - I drink a LOT of tea and my glass never was empty. It did take a while for the meal (a little longer that most places that we usually go to) but when you are cooking everything as it is ordered, it will not be a 5 minute meal. I also thought the atmosphere was quaint. I, too, would prefer that the smoking area was a little more contained to prevent the smoke from getting into the main dining room but it is difficult to do with the locale limitations. I will be back.

2. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

change of mind on LaPiazza

I am sorry to say that we have not been impressed with LaPiazza since our last post. Since then, we have had three take out orders messed up. Two times I stopped by to buy canoles for the family only to get home and have only the ends of the canole filled and the middles empty. Another time I went in to place a to go order and waited 10 minutes for the waitress to enter in customers credit card bills and finally just left. Final straw was when wife went in one evening with a friend to get the italian sub and was told that they do not serve that in the dining room at night. But they would make one to go for her. Well, she went--and without the sub.

Sorry, LaPiazza, sounds like some quality control problems going on over there. We wont be back....

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Sorry to say, but Cleveland Cake and Coffee have the best Cannoli's around.

Where is LI-Bratz lately, she should be reading and addressing these comments??

4. UWISH

UWISH Well-Known Member

We too went there one night because I was craving the Philly Cheesesteak. Our party of 3 sat down, ordered our drinks after waiting another 5 mins to for the waitress to return to ask what we wanted to drink because she forgot. At this point, still no drinks she came to take our order. I was the last in the party to order and was informed of the same thing that I could get it to go. We told her we would make it simple for her, and left. Still without our drinks on the table!

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Can someone update me on their recent experiences at La Piazza? Recommendations for entrees, etc. We have been invited to join friends there this weekend. Our 1st time there.

6. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

:nopity:

7. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

So do I assume you don't like it or are you just a ah? Thread was 3 months old and I wanted an update.

8. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

I haven't been there since February. We are very picky about our Italian food and when we realized everything they serve came off the Roma truck we decided never to go back. Sorry, can't help anymore than that.

9. OmniOne1

Don't even get me started. I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this one. 8)

10. seabee

seabee Guest

Don't get you started. well you shouldn't of responded then.

11. OmniOne1

Oh don't you get started. If you want a view on my opinions you can just read this thread from the beginning.

:beathorse:

12. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

nobody said they wanted your views. we know them on this subject. the poster wanted to know if anyone had been lately. you could have just said "i still think it's the greatest", but you had to be a donkey instead

13. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

I'm just taking a guess here. Is someone's opinion of this restaurant being influenced by something personal rather than the quality of food or service? Possibly a competing eatery taking jabs at another? I see where the thread will be 10 months old tomorrow. And the one consistence was been a negative tone by one person in particular the whole time. Why else would a person bash continuously for all this time?

14. seabee

seabee Guest

you are pretty funny I must say, but you are also confused because nobody said hey Omni what do you think, so why you putting your two sense in it if it irritates you that much?

15. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

We went to La Piazza for the first time a couple of days ago. The Ham and Cheese Calzones were really really yummy. The restaurant was very nice. Service was very friendly. Stromboli was good too. We will definitely be return customers. It is nice to have real Italian out here. :hurray:

16. B&L'SMoM

B&L'SMoM Guest

Has anyone tryed Grand Street Pizza on 1010?

17. OmniOne1

I have never "bashed" or taken "jabs" at La Piazza. I have simply stated my opinion on their food. I think they have a lovely designed place. But the food just doesn't cut it. Sorry.

As for Grandstreet..I am not a fan of conveyor pizzas. Meaning that they cook their pizzas in a conveyor oven. That is like cooking something in the toaster in my opinion. It will never be quite as good as if you baked it in a nice oven. I also do not like their pizza sauce that much.

I do not know how La Piazza's pizzas or calzones are. As you cannot get a regular sized pizza if you eat there. Which is odd to me. And apparently you can't get subs either? Weird? Anyways.

Don't hate on my opinions. Just recognize that they are just that..opinions.

8)

18. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

So how long has your family owned Marco's anyways?.........lol.:jester:

19. OmniOne1

I never even mentioned that place. :banghead:

20. seabee

seabee Guest

troublemaker