***BREAKING NEWS FOR CLAYMATES....NOT***

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by biguncfan, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I thought People was a national magazine, not a local zine like Triangle East. :)

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Somebody must. I just got reamed (pardon the pun) for suggesting that some people should get their own life rather than pry into someone else's.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Love that show and cannot wait till we learn more about the Pattern

4. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

ROFL ........ you're a trip!!!!!1

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

It's written by JJ Abrams who also did (does) Lost. I have a feeling they are going to string us out until the people can't take it any more and stop watching. Then, when the ratings fall, they'll come up with a hastily written series finale that supposedly ties everything all up but doesn't.

6. Cleopatra

I found it interesting that LOST is on a different network, and the guy that plays Broyles on Fringe was on LOST last season. Wasn't he an attorney or investigator for the airlines? Then the patterns, worldwide experiments...hmmm.

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

No, I doubt seriously that they wioll tie "Lost" and "Fringe" together.

8. Cleopatra

Exactly, because they are on different networks. But it was still interesting, I guess having the same writer makes sense - in that case he is running out of ideas. But Broyles threw me off.

9. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I've yet to learn everyone's names (I only remember Walter). Is Broyles the head guy?

10. Cleopatra

Yep. Olivia's new boss.

11. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Fans adapt to a new Clay Aiken

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1231482.html

Give me a break. This paper is really showing lately their editors have no need in a "right" turn signal on their vehicle. There is nothing "new" about him. Everyone knew he was a member of the poopshoot posse before this "big" announcement. Don't you know that closet he came out of was a glorious walk in with ample space that would rival Carrie Bradshaw's in Sex and the City? Yes I had to go see it with my wife. Leaving your "boys" at the coat check is a bit embarrassing. I had to go with her because she went with me to see Indiana Jones. Clay's probably got an autobiography coming out. What do you guys think? Is it his music, his Broadway career, a book or maybe he wants to do TV?

12. seabee

seabee Guest

where you been Newhouse, you and clay just roll outta bed. :p:p

13. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

So, um, how 'bout them Carolina Hurricanes?

[​IMG]

14. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

:lol: Good Job!

15. Cleopatra

I think the fans are adapting to their previous denial. I'm not gay, but this guy showed up on my gaydar back when American Idol showed up on my TV. He came out to his mother four years ago - her and the people in his private circles should really be the only folks he is concerned about.

16. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

My thoughts? Terrible effort on the part of the whole team. I think Pitkanen did fair and made it onto the score card which helps build a little confidence in him from a fan perspective, since we traded Cole for him. Sampsonov and LaRose put in the effort but looked rusty. O'neill won the majority of his face-offs and cycled the puck well but he looked slow and didn't really get any good shots off. Ward got scored on by NHL caliber players and not prospects. Peters looked pretty good but has no chance of making the team unless something happens to Michael Leighton (sp?)

The "team" really looked slow and came out like they had no system and no togetherness. The NHL guys seemed rusty and the prospects (who you woulda thought would come out with intensity) seemed to care less whether they put forth effort or not. Not a good way to try and make the team. I was really watching Sutter; he had good shifts and bad shifts. Not sure that he proved he belongs in the NHL with last nights performance.

All in all, we had 10 NHL guys and they had about 5 or 6. We lacked our skilled forwards but so did they. They played with grit and we didn't. The quality of play was certainly reflected on the score board.

Now the question is, will we see some of the Caps top scoring lines tonight? Probably. Will we see some of the top scorers like Staal, Roddy, Whitney, Ruutu, etc? Perhaps. I just hope the effort is better.

17. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

:hurray:

18. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Forget about Clay... any of ya'll Christian folk remember Ray Boltz? HE JUST CAME OUT too! I still caint believe that. Kinda figured Clay was fruity.

19. Cleopatra

^yeah, I heard about that. Hey... Clay & Ray rhyme.

20. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

It's not the way you want to start the season, preseason or not, after not making the playoffs for two straight years.