Phone prefixes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I got my magicjack up and running and chose a Raleigh prefix. Unfortunately it appears to be long-distance, even from my Sprint cellphone. I can change my number once for free. Would a Cary number or a Selma number be a better option? I need schools and local (Garner, Clayton, Smithfield) doctors to be able to call me without dialing long-distance.

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Are you talking about a land line? I have a Clayton # and can even call Durham free.

3. Cleopatra

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I *think* CAC had a thread about majicjack on the other side. See what he said.

OH HEY! :mrgreen:

5. Cleopatra

Yeah, he mentioned having a Cary number but did not give specifics as to why. So I sent him a PM the other day and have not heard back. You know how impatient I get. :)

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yes I know. :lol:

7. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

My prefix is 665 and I haven't had a problem with anyone calling it.

8. Cleopatra

Mine is 665 as well, I can call the magicjack line from my cell (464) locally but if I try to call my cell locally from my magicjack, I am asked to enter an area code. Weird.

9. Monkeychi1

Monkeychi1 Member

We have a magicjack line also, and whenever we dial out using it we have to enter the area code. We haven't had any trouble receiving or making local calls.

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That's because you're not using the local telephone system. You have to dial the area code for all calls through Magic Jack, but you don't have to dial 1 first.