Alignment and Balance

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, I need a place to go to get our tires aligned and balanced. Yes, there are a lot of places but only a few that will do big cars. We have an E-350 Ford van. I called Tag and they don't do it on cars this big. (you have to have a special lift). We use village auto for all our other car repairs but they do not align and balance either. So, need a place that will do an alignment and balance on a big van. Thanks in advance. Also, places to stay away from!

Oh yeh, anyone been to Raleigh Hitch to get a hitch put on your vehicle? Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

stephanie--mom to 7

2. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Massey's Wheel Alignment in Selma is very well known and do good work.

3. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

We get all of our work done at Quality Auto Service behind Bojangles on 42. We just had our front end aligned and tires balanced there. Ours is an SUV, so don't know if a van is different. You can call them and ask. 771-2269.

4. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

I agree! Know the owners GREAT PEOPLE

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Is Raleigh Hitch the one on Capital? I think that's where my husband goes, no problems that I'm aware of.

6. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

We use Universal Tire at the corner of 401 S & Purser Drive in Raleigh/Garner area. We have a F250 Diesel truck that they have all the equipment for. They do all kinds of big truck stuff but also do tires & alignments on our Honda Civic. Speak to Ray Sears. They are great people. Never a problem.

7. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

Found Universal Tire phone # 779-8798

8. cydewaze

cydewaze Guest

i work at TAG, and alignments are pretty much the only thing we dont do(dont have an alignment machine). we/I send all alignments to the Just Tires at 40/42....a good friend of mine is the head alignment tech there, and he is one of the 2 best in the county, MAYBE second to massey's(i have no experience with them, but i've heard from many ppl how good they are).

so if you go to the 40/42 Just Tires, ask for Ben

9. m2475

m2475 Well-Known Member

Jason Lewis at Lewis Brothers in Clayton does a good job.

10. John Cocktoasten

John Cocktoasten Well-Known Member

QAS doesn't do the alignments themselves. They send them over to Just Tires, which considering that's who Richie and David trust, I'd feel pretty good about.

11. Jocomom

Jocomom Well-Known Member

I can't recommend a place, looking for a new one myself. I have tried Just Tires at 40/42 many times (by Cookout) and feel that they are very rude. Kept giving them another chance as they were so convenient. We decided with our last experience, it would be our final. Too rude to give them my money anymore. JMO

12. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I'll second Jason, he is now located on Main St in Clayton and does all our work!