CAR BREAK INS IN PLEASANT WOODS

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by browns rule, Oct 1, 2008.

1. browns rule

browns rule Guest

Several cars were broken into in our neighborhood in Pleasant Woods. Police are aware of this. So far, my count is at least 4 neighbors that we know. We know there must be more. Please everyone.....LOCK YOUR CARS AND YOUR HOMES AT NIGHT AND DURING THE DAY!! Stay safe!!

2. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

Any idea what streets they hit? Pleasant Woods is pretty big. You should post something on pleasantwoods.com so others will know about it.

Were there broken windows or were they unlocked cars?

3. browns rule

browns rule Guest

They hit Goldfield Drive and E. Justin that we know of but we are sure there are other streets also. So far, all we know, is that they accessed unlocked vehicles and did not try to break windows.

4. colinmama

colinmama Guest

I'm considering putting a sign on my door and my garage door that reads "This area is under police surveilance at this very moment. If you don't mind being shot, pepper sprayed, tasered or bit by a dog please feel free to enter. Otherwise, get the hell out of here before you get hurt. And have a great day."

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

good one! :lol:

6. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

In 2006 and 2007 there was alot of this going on in the subdivisions off Josephine; Jordan Ridge, Twisted Oaks, Island Creek. We had heard earlier this year that there was at least one arrest made of a juvenile from Jordan Ridge in connection to the break ins. There was also talk that there were some breakins to some homes being built in Jordan Ridge, but never heard if this stopped. Some of the residents in Jordan Ridge knew who the kids were.
    Maybe someone from your neighborhood could talk with the investigating detective and see if there is some connection (??)

7. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

I live in Pleasant Woods. We don't have a garage and the doors to my van were unlocked. When I got in to take the kids to school the overhead compartments were opened, the glove compartment was opened and cd's were scattered on the front seat. I thought maybe my DH did it looking for something but maybe not. I live one street over from E. Justin and just off East Keri. But my driveway is so much longer than others that I wouldn't think that anyone would come up that far. Maybe that's why the dog was also barking last night. Hopefully they were scared off. Nothing was missing. All the change in the compartment was still there and so were all the walmart gift cards I use to pay for gas and my vehicle registration.

My DH was looking for a CD and left them out, but all the compartments were open when he went looking for the CD. His car was locked. So I guess my van was broken into.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  8. newlifetaxidermy

newlifetaxidermy Well-Known Member

I live in Southills. We have a deputy and she warned the neighbors ahead of time (after the Carrington break ins). Of course, I keep my vehicles locked anyway...but it always helps to be vigilant.

9. Ridge

Ridge Active Member

Three vehicles on Blazing Star Ct. were hit last night too...
    Glove box and console contents were all threw in the floor,,,

10. bandmom

So are they taking anything or just being vandals? Sounds like bored teens to me, esp if they're not taking stuff. :confused: Lock your doors!

11. browns rule

browns rule Guest

Yes Bandmom, they are taking things. My neighbors had a wallet with credit/debit cards taken and a cell phone. These are THIEVES not vandals. Make no mistake about that.

12. bandmom

I see - one of the other posters mentioned that things were just strewn around in their car, nothing taken, so was just trying to clarify.

13. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

We live in Carrington & had a couple cars broken into a couple weeks ago during that spree. They only went in unlocked cars except for 1 person that had a locked car. They even took a couple laptops, but they were found in ditches. The only thing about locking your car is they might break the window or tear up the door trying to get in to only find there's nothing of value in it. I'd rather just keep them unlocked, with no valuables & let them see there's nothing to take.

14. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Someone tried to break into our garage a few nights ago. :x Hopefully they've caught the rotten thieves...

15. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Good thing they weren't Hispanic.

16. mike79

mike79 Active Member

.................. "and her husband"

Where can I find a good woman like that? I can't even get my wife out to go to the pool hall on a Saturday night.

17. browns rule

browns rule Guest

what the h*ll you mean by that? what difference does it make if they were trashy mexicans, trashy whites or trashy blacks. A crook is a crook regardless of the race, not sure whats so good that they weren't.

18. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

:iagree:

They were looking for specific things, things that are small and easy to take. I don't leave any of that stuff in my van but a lot of people do. So they checked the places (compartments) where those things would be. As far as leaving the change in the change holder, what exactly are they going to do with $1.25? So even though they didn't take anything of mine, it's still a violation.

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:

20. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

Were they arrested for the car break ins or something else?