Anyone know any good turkey shoots???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by doitwithyourbootson07, Oct 2, 2008.

1. doitwithyourbootson07

doitwithyourbootson07 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of any good turkey shoots around here? And what kind of guns are allowed, know mostly shotguns but i have been to few that allow 22 rifles. Any suggestions?>?

Thanks
    Boots

2. newlifetaxidermy

newlifetaxidermy Well-Known Member

Coats Produce Stand/Lawn Care/Garden Center/Etc @ the corner of Cleveland Rd and Cornwallis.

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

The Choices for President.

4. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Country boys down 50.

5. Jayjay39

Jayjay39 Member

Coats

The one at Coats is shotguns only ranging in 4-10's to 20 gauge.

6. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

I usually go to the one off Fanny Brown rd. They have an actual structure to stand in, and it has a barrel converted to a wood stove to keep you warm. They usually start it up the weekend after the state fair. Nice guys there, very well organized. Never seen anyone there use anything but 12 gauge shotguns tho.

I live spitting distance from the one @ coats landscaping, this is the first year, so I may give them a try also. I miss the one that used to be where the Coats grill was. They havent done it since the tree fell on the little cafe.

7. Jayjay39

Jayjay39 Member

Man I loved that one I went their every single weekend with my son. We won some and we lost allot but it was for the church. we mainly went out there to see Franks new "toys" every weekend.

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

The Men's Group at Elizabeth Church puts on a turkey shoot every year. It's scheduled for November 8, 15, and 22nd this year.

9. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

It's About 8 miles from HighWay 42 (Old Drug Store) down 1010 towards Smithfield. Little white church on the right, can't miss it !

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Wilson's Mills Fire Department has a turkey shoot. Call them for details.

11. KDsGrandma

A great big thank you to everyone who came out to the turkey shoot at Elizabeth Church tonight, hope you all had a great time! Don't forget, we'll be doing it again the next two Saturdays - the 15th & 22nd.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I tried :cry:

13. KDsGrandma

Tonight's turkey shoot at Elizabeth Church is postponed to next Friday, 11/21, due to the rain. Nobody showed up to shoot, so we decided to have a rain delay. The last one for this year will still be Saturday, 11/22, so come on out next Friday and Saturday nights!

14. KDsGrandma

Don't forget, tonight and tomorrow night at Elizabeth Church. Dress warm, it's gonna be cold out there! This is a family friendly event, so bring the kids. I think an 8-year-old won a turkey last time.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

what is the charge to shoot this year?

16. KDsGrandma

It's $4 a shot, or 6 for $20. Bring your own shotgun (not loaded!) or use ours; we provide the shells.

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

awesome! thanks!

18. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Old thread revival....

The one on Fanny brown rd opens up today at 7:00pm. I heard they were even gonna do food/snacks this year.

19. KDsGrandma

Elizabeth Church will have ours on November 7th, 14, and 21st this year. We will also be selling food.

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't know but I think your screen name is too long.