Why?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

That does not explain the $0.60 cent a gallon difference between Mebane and Raleigh or the fact that gas is only slightly cheaper just over the South Carolina border from Wilmingtonm, but is even cheaper in Myrtle Beach.

2. JC1000

JC1000 Member

Gas all over Greensboro is 3.45 this weekend

What can be the reason for that???

Are we really not supposed to buy gas if the price is too high? Let's be realistic.....

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Many times I tried to state that it is the refineries and the lack of them. If we had one or more in the Southeast we might not have our current issue in southeast. I have been traveling the country and our gas prices are among the highest.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yesterday in the Atlanta region I saw a few areas with bags over the pump nozzles, were I filled up they still had regular but all the others were out.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I get that, but my point is..................the price of the raw material they are refining is going DOWN. Are there any other industries out there this out of whack?

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Airlines

7. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that there were two BP stations in Greenville on the opposite corners of an intersection that one had no gas except for silver and the other station was out of regular. So its not just in Western NC where there are still outages. I was in north of Greensboro Monday and they had a fifty dollar limit. I'll be in the Mt. Mitchell area Friday and Saturday so I'll post the situation there when the time comes.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Perhaps, but I don't fly daily.

9. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

10. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

If you're headed West/North on I-40/I-85, you can get gas at Exit 150, Haw River, for $3.25. Yep, $3.25 an hour away from 40/42 at 3.91.

11. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I got gas in Kinston this weekend for $3.47.

I topped off. Was really blown away gas was that price just around the corner.:banghead:

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

wonder if we bombarded the Attorney General's office with that question....."why is it so high in our area?" if that would do any good.....

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I drive through 40/42 about every 3 days or so, and every single time I drive through there, the price is always 3.91. Then I go down 70 or some other place and the prices are lower. Why don't they EVER change the prices at 40/42?? I understand they're at a major intersection, but still! Even a few cents would be nice! I don't think they've come down in a month, maybe longer!

Anyone know when the LF gas station is opening? I was at the LF in Garner yesterday, their prices were 3.85. Wonder if their prices will be the same?

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The BJ's gas stations are rarely the same prices.. I don't know why LF would be any different. I think the area they are in dictates how they price, to be competetive, etc.

16. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

One of the cashiers told me Oct. 13th a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if that still stands, but that is this Monday.

17. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  18. Tit4Tat

driving towards clayton on 42 yest. the station at barbour mill rd was at 3.72.

seems that the clayton area prices are coming down daily! yea for me. just a couple of days ago the station was at 3.85.

:lol:

19. Tit4Tat

20. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I'm not sure of this was mentioned but the NC gas tax is based on the price of the gas. The more gas costs per gallon, the more of a percentage the tax is.

In this economy where people are trying to spend less, and hence end up paying less in taxes, what is the impetus for our state government to work toward reducing the price we pay for gas?