paranormal

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Nov 15, 2007.

1. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

A friend of mine off of Highway 42 had alot of activity at her house. She would hear arguments in the closets, footsteps upstairs, toilets flushing, water running, etc. One night she heard a funeral procession coming across her front porch. She would look outside and there would be nothing.

It got so bad at times, she finally called Duke University, who had a paranormal dept. there. She was told to go around the house and rap on the walls, and tell the spirits that it was okay they were there, but to stop the noises and racket because they were scaring her and the kids. She said it took a few times, but it did stop.

I have been there when I have sensed movement in the house and no one has been there. Their dog would be looking up watching something, I couldn't see, move across the room. It's a very weird feeling.

While the loud noises have stopped, sometimes there are footsteps crossing the floor upstairs or it gets cold in the room suddenly.

She made it livable there by talking to them and letting them know they were welcome, but to just tone it down.

2. my4kiddies

my4kiddies Well-Known Member

I dont understand what you mean by rap on the walls ? Maybe im just a bit slow but i dont get it .

You were saying about the dog looking at things that weren't there , My youngest son who is now 17 months does that same thing all the time , sometimes he points to things on or around the ceiling , also down the hall of our house and i look but nothings there. scares the heck out of me at times .
    It really is a very weird feeling.

3. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Just try to relax. Nothing that you hear can hurt you.

When my grandfather passed away, it was in the middle of the night. My TV came on, it was all static. I got up to turn it off (it was in the living room) and thought maybe a cat stepped on the remote. I turned it off but looked at the time on the clock. It was 3:05 am. My mom called later that morning to say my grandfather died at 3:00 am. I have to believe it was his spirit passing through.

I have loads of similar stories, I have always been sensitive to different things. I have just accepted it and ignore it most times.

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

My son had a conversation on a toy phone with his dead grandfather when he was almost 2!!! He told me things that grandpa said and I was 100% convinced he heard him (in one form or another!!)

I heard his side of it and was shocked!

5. HidesinOBX

I wanted to make sure I informed you correctly. I called my friend and she said that she didn't rap on the walls, she spoke to them outloud and asked them to rap once for yes, twice for no. She said she never got them to respond, and was quite scared at the time she did it. According to the person she spoke to at Duke, she was told that many times a spirit or a poltergeist doesn't realize they're dead and they have to be told they are. My friend said that she just walked through the house and told them it was okay they were there, but they should probably move on or be quiet. It worked pretty quickly. Maybe it's worth a shot.

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Just out of curiosity (and Heaven knows I am a believer in the paranormal), what does a funeral procession sound like?

7. HidesinOBX

LOL... good question...it was the music (a dirge)...the crying...and the clopping of horse hooves that she heard, as if a group of people were following a horse cart on the way to the grave site for a burial. She looked out on her porch thinking it was something out on the street and saw nothing. She only heard it and it appeared very close.

8. my4kiddies

Oh ok i understand now , thanks for the extra info

9. my4kiddies

awww

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

11. my4kiddies

Looks like something to me ! Lets go cleo ...lol Im ready

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

HERE's the latest...

Personally I can't see it, but apparently there's an "orb" near the weight rack.

[​IMG]

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I can see it! To the left, touching it.

We are moving soon, I swear my house has visitors. After we move our stuff out, we should get our 40/42 ghost busters together and see if you get anything! (as long as you convince them to stay and not come with us to the new house!!)

14. Cleopatra

Nah, they'll probably follow me home - that's usually what happens. :lol:

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Sorry, I guess my monitor needs some fine tuning.

There are five bars of weights on the side of the rack facing the camera. Counting from the top down, which weight bar is it touching?

16. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

If anyone is familiar with Lydia ghost in Jamestown, NC, I saw her in 1994.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Clif, it looks like a thumbprint, touching the top bars.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Or a wear spot on the floor

19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I didn't think that was an "orb", at least not if what you are describing is what Hught also described as a "wear spot on the floor" (which is what it looks like to me). An "orb" is round and unmistakable as to what it is. I have taken several "orb" pictures at the Clayton graveyard. None look like what's in the picture above.

20. Cleopatra

Watch the video. Then you will see it.