The No Parking Signs on Exit Ramp for 70 East from 40 East

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by LJN, Oct 15, 2008.

1. LJN

LJN Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed the MULTIPLE no parking signs that have been placed along the exit ramp off of 40 East onto 70 East toward Clayton? They start at the exit split (going toward Garner/White Oak) and stop at the exit for Greenfield Pkwy. How many no parking signs do we need on one stretch of road? Who actually thinks that parking their car along a major highway exit ramp is a good idea or even necessary? I am ticked that someone spent money on these signs and paid labor for someone to put them up. What a waste!

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Hi LJN!!! Hmm..I haven't noticed them.. but yeah..I agree seems like a waste of money to me as well, unless some morons have been parking there at night or something..

3. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I think its because truckers would stop there at night for a sleep break. So they are trying to stop them from parking.

4. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Well regarding the truckers parking, have you ever heard of a pi$$ bomb?

Truckers urinate into a bottle of some sort. A gatorade bottle lets say and then toss it out their truck window. This happens at these "unauthorized" sites and its quite the nasty mess. It actually happens up and down the roads too but they tend to gather at these spots.

5. seabee

seabee Guest

experience there on your part pacman. ouch

6. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

I'm not a truck driver but I travel up and down the roads for my job dude. Some, not all, truck drivers are some nasty individuals.

7. seabee

seabee Guest

you answered their call to duty #1
    big ? is what about the brown trouts. :jester::ack:

8. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

OK, can someone translate what this imbecile just said?

9. seabee

seabee Guest

going #1 alas your **** bombs
    going # 2 alas your brown trouts [crap].

is that easy enough, you seem to know how they dispose of their waste.

10. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Well I thought a Skins fan would know all about #2(poopies) issues.

11. seabee

seabee Guest

skins fan yeah right, not hardly. I'm a bengals, lions, cheifs fan. I like the underdog. :popcorn:

12. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Who are the Cheifs? I know the Chiefs but are these Cheifs like in Des Moines or Bismarck?

13. 3Cs&Me

3Cs&Me Guest

my hubby works for DOT (don't tell anyone ssshhhhh!) and he estimates each sign to cost about $100-$150.

that's a lot of money - it's an insane amount of money for ALL the signs.

14. browns rule

browns rule Guest

are you two related?

15. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

One afternoon when we were getting onto 40 from 70, I saw 2 or 3 cars parked along the side of the road and thought that it was a strange and dangerous place to park. Then noticed that in the field of flowers and there was a photographer set up taking pics of a young woman in her wedding gown with a couple of on lookers! So I guess SOME people do need signs like that around.:lol:

16. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Speaking of Brown stains.........

17. LJN

LJN Well-Known Member

I counted the signs yesterday on my way home from work - there are 39 of them. THIRTY-NINE PEOPLE!!!!

18. my4kiddies

my4kiddies Well-Known Member

Well there's nothing better to spend the money on , for heavens sake people ...geeeez

Kidding of course , Kidding

19. seabee

seabee Guest

Watch it PACMAN they helped out your cowpunks by B slapping the G- men

20. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]