vacuum repair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Barrener River Short, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Does anyone know of a vacuum repair shop in the area?

2. jillywilly

jillywilly Active Member

I've used Harbour's Sew and Vac at Garner Station (a few stores down from Belk). They do a good job on many different brands.

3. is that where the old wal mart use to be before they moved to their new spot?

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

OMG...I hate this place and will never go there again as long as I live!

I'm sorry, I'm not one to usually bash a business, but I had a really bad experience here last spring, they had my vacuum for 3 weeks, and when it was returned to me, nothing was done with it. They kept saying they ordered the part and didn't. I told them to forget it, I picked it up and took it to Sears (it's a Kenmore). Then, Sears fixed it for 1/2 the price Harbours had quoted me, plus they fixed other stuff for no charge! They also don't return phone calls, so I wouldn't hold my breath, if you're in a hurry! The downside? There aren't very many vacuum repair shops around - I was lucky mine was a Kenmore, because I couldn't find any others nearby, all others are in Raleigh or Durham.

5. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Not in this area, but there is one in Cary in South Hills Mall off of Buck Jones Rd.
    Cary Sew and Vac.
    My family's store is in there and we have known them for years, he is really good and really nice to deal with.
    Sheri

6. its right across from toms train station isnt it?

7. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Yep, well not right across from it, but as you walk in the door on the ride handside.
    We are right across from Tom's train store.
    My parents store has been in that place for over 25 yrs lol.
    Sheri

8. seabee

seabee Guest

what kind and whats it doing or not doing

9. I was vacuuming last night and it started to make a burning smell. Looks like the beater bar stopped turning.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

sounds like the belt popped off.

11. seabee

seabee Guest

yep not much to it. you may of picked up string or thread that wrapped around beater and is causing belt burn. Home depot and lowes carry belts if it's the right kind.