Propane

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grammie, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Grammie

Grammie Guest

I need to know if there are any propane places in the 4042 area. Where they are and about how much they cost. Thanks in advance.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Are you looking for someplace to get a small 20# propane tank filled (gas grill size tank), or someplace to make a delivery to fill a larger 100-250 gallon tank that supplies your house?

3. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

Ask michelle:lol::lol:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  4. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Large for my fireplace

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Do you need the tank or just a refill? We use Amerigas.

6. Grammie

Grammie Guest

We need the tank. Will call Amerigas

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the going price is currently for gas - we haven't had to fill up lately. But we have been happy with Amerigas - their service is good.

8. le

le Well-Known Member

Amerigas was just under $3 a couple of weeks ago.
    Garner -
    779-7066
    S'field -
    934-5061

9. JayT

JayT Well-Known Member

Or get the tank and regulator from HomeDepot ($100ish) and fill it for $45 each time at Shell @ 4042.

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

What size tanks do they have at home depot? I am looking for a 40lb one so it will be easier to lift when I have to fill it up. Not a 100lb one.

11. Winger

Winger Guest

Amerigas will stick you with an annual "rent" of a tank of $80. Buy your own and take somewhere else.

12. le

le Well-Known Member

^^only if you do not fill it with amerigas annually.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Don't use Ferrell gas. :boxing:

14. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

I love Amerigas. I got a bill for the "rent" last month. I called them, told them how much gas was left in my tank, they came and filled and got rid of the "rent". We need atleast a tank a year anyway.

15. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

this stuff is expensive - what do folks with propane heating systems do?

other the give up and buy and heat pump - (see other thread..lol)

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

My neighbors just paid almost $700 to fill their tank, and its either 200 or 250 gallon (or is that lbs?). Expensive is the reason we got rid of ours, and we only used it for a gas fireplace. We pulled out that one, and slid an electric unit in there, and I'm just as happy and richer for it!

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yep, we have been doing that for the last 3 years and love it - saves lots of money.

18. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

The only bad feature about having an electric fireplace is if the power goes out in the cold weather. With the propane fireplace I always have heat regardless. And it has saved me more than once. Oh and yes, don't go with Ferrell gas.

19. rbcwolf

rbcwolf Active Member

I think there is a gas company of some sort on Loop Road in Garner that probably has the 40# tanks. I have one and it works nice for gas logs. Lasts longer than standard tank and is not too heavy to move/take to fill up; thereby, saving the rent or higher prices charged by delivery gas company's if you don't use a certain amount each year.

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Got that covered, our generator can run the fireplace :mrgreen:. That was one thing I wanted to be sure before we yanked the propane one out and went with the electric because I didn't want to be stuck with no heat if the power went out. What is nice about the electric is that no matter what time of year, I can run it just for the pretty glow of the fireplace, with no heat. We can turn it on for just looks, and then there are levels of heat on the remote as well.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008