Anyone know where I can get sewing lessons?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cathy0517, Nov 6, 2008.

1. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

I simply cannot teach myself by reading!! I am a visual person and have to have someone show me. I want to make coats & collars for my greyhounds, doll clothes & stuffed animals, nothing too intense! I have patterns I just need a teacher. Thanks for any ideas.

2. elims

elims Well-Known Member

If you learn, you can teach me ... I'd love to learn to sew, but I'm like you ... cant read instructions, need to DO.

3. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

sewing...

I can teach you. I've been sewing for years. I love to sew.

PM'd ya with more info...

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I can barely sew a button. :?

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

The Clayton Center used to have sewing classes in one room twice a week. Try calling them to see if they have someone still doing that.

Good morning,
    Sherry

6. Sherry A.

Harley,

Their is this new gadget that works wonders. A person places in the button where you want it to go and then puts this thing on top of the button, push a button on the gadget and whoo hoo the button is back on. It has the clear thread so no need to have different color thread.

That's my kind of sewing,
    Sherry

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Isn't that called the Buttonier? or something like that? used to see that advertised on tv all the time...:lol:

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I can sew buttons. I can sew them on so they'll NEVER move again!! (And there's probably more string than button when I'm finished, but it wont fall off again!).

9. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

I found out that I wasn't meant to sew when I was about 18, I had bought 2 new pairs of jeans and my mother who usually hemmed them for me made me do it myself. Well I ruined both pairs (the hem was crooked and lumpy) and swore I would never sew again! So far I have kept my word, that's what Mr. Ho in Garner is for!

10. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I would love to learn as well, let me know what you find out. Thanks!

11. angels_squirrel

angels_squirrel Active Member

I have been sewing for almost 30 years, and have done some teaching. I can do one on one or a class, let me know what you want .

12. Sherry A.

Yes and you can buy them at Walmart.

Good luck,
    Sherry

13. MamaApe

Can we get a class together? I would be willing to help, my SIL & I would both be interested in signing up :) Thanks!

14. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray:That sounds like fun. Anyone who pm'd me interested in teaching a group?

15. MamaApe

Anyone?? I have another person interested in attending.

16. thriftymom

thriftymom Member

I'd be interested! Count me in and PM me PLEASE :)

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Same here, and I have a friend that would more than likely like to do it as well.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

China :x

19. blessed2adopt2

hahaha

20. blessed2adopt2

Sewing Lessons

I'd be happy to talk with anyone interested, whether private or in a class to work out the logistics.

PM me if interested.