A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I've seen it!

Gas for less than $2/gallon!!

When I went out to lunch today, the Walmart on New Bern Ave, and the Exxon just before it... Walmart was $1.97 and Exxon was $1.99.

:hurray:

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Tassy - that's great! BJ's at Whiteoak is 3.11, I saw it today. That's the cheapest I've seen it, but I never leave Garner...:mrgreen:

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I know you have to mean $2.11, I saw that over there yesterday myself.

:mrgreen:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Sheetz down New Bern was $1.97 also. Keep on coming down!!

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

:oops: Yep, I meant 2.11. Guess it's hard for my fingers to believe as well! This makes me sooo happy, especially since we're driving to NY next month! Hope it stays, or even keeps going down, that'd be great!

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm driving down to southern FL at the end of this month too, and I'm so happy to see those prices coming down!

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yep, yesterday at the Trade Mart on 42 East gasoline was $1.97. Almost had a wreck rubber necking to make sure I saw it right.

Fill her up,
    Sherry

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

When we went up to Mass. at the end of Sept. the gas on the way up was cheaper than here to start with. To the tune of anywhere from .10 to .50 per gallon cheaper.

Craig

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Do you know what the gas prices are around Ashville? We are heading their for Thanksgiving and I will stretch my tank as far as it will go to get the lowest price.

Thanks,
    Sherry

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Up until about 3 weeks ago, gas was cheaper up there. But then we finally "caught them", and now we're cheaper by about 20 cents, which is what it's always been. Not sure why for those few months they were running cheaper. Either way, I'm just happy that prices are where they're supposed to be! Anything is better than $4/gallon!

11. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Hopefully it will stay that way....way low :)

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Man, my sleep pattern is off lately! I can't sleep past 5 for some reason, no matter how late I stay up. I better figure something out when I'm out of town, cause I plan on staying up and sleeping in!!! I feel like taking a nap right now, wish I could...:ack:

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

My life is great!

Good nite chicklets!

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Well, I went to bed at 8:45 and slept until 5:45, guess that's a little better. At least I got my 8 hours.

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Take some tylenol pm or something like that with you - that will help you sleep.

16. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Maybe you're going to be too early? Better start staying up later to get ready for your vacation........8)

17. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

From what I'm told by my company salesman that lives in Charlotte, that when he's coming to the office he puts just enough gas in his car to get to the Burlington area, then fills up and drives the rest of the way to the plant. Takes care of his business here, then drives back to Burlington area where he fills up again.

A few weeks ago while we were complaining about $3.80 a gallon he was complaining of alot of places in the Charlotte area being out of everything but premium.

Craig

18. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

No, that's the thing. I've been staying up later, but I still get up at 5. So last night I thought, well I might as well go to bed early and at least get my needed sleep, and I was exhausted, so it didn't take me long. I've been trying to stay up later, because I am not a night person, and hubby will be begging me to stay up with him all night while we're there! I can hang until about 1, then I'm done for the night.

As for taking tylenol pm or something, I really try not to take things like that. I actually take a med evernight at bedtime for migraines that's supposed to help you sleep, and I do sleep well, just wake up too darned early!! I think I might bring some xanax with me though, that'll knock me out, I'm sure!

19. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Off to school blah, yall have a good afternoon or whats left of it!

20. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest