Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Thanks again, seabee. You are awesome!

2. seabee

seabee Guest

SSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! don't blow my reputation here :jester:

3. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Jennifer, I saw a small play kitchen at Dollar General last night for $25. I don't know if it's what you had in mind but if you want to take a look-see, it was on an end cap to the right after you come in the front doors. HTH!

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Ready,

I'm pretty sure it's one of the thin plastic ones?

Little Bit would have that thing torn to pieces. I need one made of the sturdier plastic, like by Step 2 or Little Tykes. You know what I mean?

5. ready2cmyKing

I'm not sure, it was boxed so I couldn't really get a good feel for it. But yes, I do know what you mean. When DD was 2 she got the Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe from Santa. Unfortunately, we sold it two years ago.

If you can't find a good used one, BJ's has/had (?) one of the smaller Step 2 kitchens. I don't remember the price though. If you want a bigger one, it's actually cheaper to buy directly from the manufacturer than from a store. Step 2 offered free shipping on my DD's kitchen and I see they're still offering it now. It's a really nice kitchen and you can get accessories directly from them too.
    http://www.step2.com/category.cfm?subcategory_id=1026&showall=1&sortby=popular

Best wishes on your search, I know when I listed mine on Craigslist it was sold, literally, within minutes!

6. JenniferK

I didn't even think about BJs, but just checking their website, they look to be CHEAPER than the manufactuer.

I guess where I'm stuck at is, I can't buy one of the cheepie cheaps, because she'll tear it apart. So, now I know I'm going to spend $100-$150 bucks on a new one. So do I do that, and she'll outgrow it in 2 years, or do I spend more for something she'll play with longer?

Check this bad boy out!

http://shop.bjs.com/-254-99-less--3...VproductId21205000VVcatId433588VVviewprod.htm

7. ready2cmyKing

Wow, that is nice! Does she have friends her age that will come over and play with it with her? If so, she will probably play with it until she is 5 or 6 or so. When she outgrows it and if you list it on Craigslist, you can get back about 1/2 of what you bought it for! :)

This was my DD's and it was so cute. I wish I had had room to keep it for any future granddaughters. :-(

BTW Jennifer, I LOVE your avatar!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  8. aprilt01

aprilt01 Well-Known Member

I am looking for some royal blue and white pom poms. My daughter is 10 months old and has a Duke cheerleading outfit. I want to get some pictures taken of her in it for Christmas, for my dad and brother. But, I need some pom poms, and/or a megaphone. I may check the dollar store, or the party store. Thought I'd throw it out there for suggestions.

Thanks!

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

^Definitely check the Dollar Store, and you could always make some in a pinch. Just get some tissue paper from the craft section and start cutting strips!

10. aprilt01

I thought about tissue paper, but EVERYTHING is going into the mouth! I'll check the dollar stores. Thanks Cleo!

11. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

I've got a white and a royal blue pom pom pair that I got at the Sarah Palin rally. You are welcome to those! They are fairly small, so they would be perfect for her size.

12. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

When all else fails. Use Google. Duke pom pom for $1.50

http://www.shopncaasports.com/NCAASports_Duke_Blue_Devils/Royal_Blue_And_White_Pom_Pom

13. Local Lady

Local Lady Well-Known Member

I use to live near there and went all the time. I loved shopping there & miss it but its just too far now for an exploration trip. You really can find some good deals. Sometimes the kids' clothes seem a bit high but if you shop for name brands only - its worth it.

14. aprilt01

Magnolia, I pm'd you!!

15. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I need pageant wear size 4-5T, anyone know someone local that sells this? Thanks!

16. JenniferK

Found a kitchen set! Yeah me!

Now.......

Looking for dollhouse furniture, in big lots, cheap. (and hey, it's for the Christmas Angels people, so give a little, lol!)

17. dephygravitee

dephygravitee Well-Known Member

looking for an indoor dog kennel...I am bringing home an outdoor doggy that I would like to bring inside...if anyone has a kennel that needs a home, let me know! :) It needs to be a medium to large kennel...

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey guys, i need to either buy cheap or borrow one of those big metal coffee dispensers to serve hot cider in for an open house in December. Anyone?

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I don't have one but I bet you could rent one pretty cheaply from somewhere like Party Showcase.

20. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]