Ok Band parents.......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Nov 20, 2008.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Are ya'll ready for nxt week? :cheers::cheers: Have fun and be safe and give all the kids a tranqulizer before you leave or they will be crazy the whole trip there....:jester::jester::hurray::hurray:

A few things that I need to know. I need to know what channel the parade is going to be on that gives the most coverage AND what time does it start?

:allears:

2. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

NBC17 will be the best for their performance in front of Macy's.

I have a question for a parent. Why $200k for the trip? Are they flying? What hotel in Manhattan? Just curious.

3. colinmama

colinmama Guest

The money thing was covered in the other band thread....not sure if it said hotel but they are taking a bus.

4. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Thanks CM. Just a brainfart aloud. Carry on.

5. colinmama

colinmama Guest

You're excused :cheers:

6. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Go WJHS Band, Go!

7. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see them!!! They must be thrilled. In my younger years, we got to march in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Ireland. It was awesome and know that the students here are going to have such a great experience is wonderful to think about . I know these West Johnston Students are going to be proud. Can't wait to watch the parade and look out for them. Does anyone know where they are in the lineup???

Congrats West Johnson and Good luck!!!! We'll all be watching for you.

Stephanie--mom to 7

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I can't wait either! We'll be watching too!

In my younger band years, we got to march in the Preakness parade in Baltimore. Not as glamourous as Ireland, or NYC for that matter, but it was a wonderful experience!

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I expect you to be the command post BandMom.....have someone from NYC report back to the homeland and let us know what order they are, who is in front of them....so we'll know. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

11. bandmom

If I hear anything I will let you know - all I've heard is that they did get a 'prime spot' after the Macy's officials saw the preview of the parade show a couple of weeks ago. Plus they will be performing at Herald's Square. I hope NBC 17 gives them good coverage - they've been keeping up with them along the way - so I expect they will. :)

12. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

13. God'schild

Does anyone know what time TV coverage will begin?

14. seabee

seabee Guest

8 or 9 and I beleive it's only covered on the one station, the other station cover Philly best I remember. Look up local tv schedule

15. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

LOOK at this

The BAND - SCHOOL - COUNTY NAME is SPELLED WRONG!!!!!!!!!!
    Augh!!!!!!!

Hello --- Johns"T"on......... not Johnson!

Augh!!!!!!!!!

16. God'schild

Thanks! I guess I coulda looked it up, huh.....:oops::mrgreen: I need to get an avatar that says, "If laziness doesn't kill me, I'll live forever"

:jester:

17. seabee

seabee Guest

well we all have our moments like that, it's easier to ask and hope some know it all is there LOL

18. colinmama

colinmama Guest

That's not cool. They need to make sure that when they are officially announced during the parade that they get it right. I'll be watching filled with JoCo pride :hurray:

19. seabee

seabee Guest

Hey where did the post go? geez imagine that...

20. bandmom