Propane

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grammie, Nov 5, 2008.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

We bought our 40lb tank at Agri-Supply.

2. rbcwolf

rbcwolf Active Member

I forgot about them. They have a lot of stuff. Probably a good choice.

3. Bubba

Bubba Well-Known Member

Propane Gas

You can buy a 100# tank at Tractor Supply in Selma or a larger one at Loop Rd in Garner. I get my tank filled by Websters Gas in Selma. Two weeks ago it was $2.00/gal if you own your tank, they also will setup you a tank but I do not know what their rates are. I am in the Cleveland Community and use to buy from McCraken but they were way too high even with me owning my own tank. I also heard that McLamb Propane rate was $2.00/gal.

4. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

We are looking to get our fireplace hooked up. From what I scanned in this thread, we can buy our own tank and take it to be filled up. Is that correct? Did you hook it up yourself or have someone do it? If you had someone hook it up for you, about how much did it cost? Sorry if this has already been said, I haven't had my coffee quota yet this morning!

5. le

le Well-Known Member

Call the friendly folks at Tatum Insulation for your fireplace hook-up. They are mighty helpful and will give you a free estimate, 661.0999.

6. VivianS

Thanks!

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

If I rent my tank from one supplier can I get LP from another?

Also... is it normal to be able to smell the propane near the unit? (not even near the tank)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

9. seabee

seabee Guest

just get a lighter to see where the smell is coming from. :jester:

10. VivianS

[​IMG]

11. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Hey Vivian....:drool:

[​IMG]

12. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Since we are on the subject of propane tanks about how long will a 40# tank last running an average fireplace 2-3 evenings a week?
    And has anyone had any experience with Parker Propane?

13. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

No they are not helpful, my husband has made at least a dozen calls to them about coming out to replace our unvented with a vented unit, can't get any idea about cost or what kind of unit they have or would be able to get, etc. etc. We finally went to the Fireplace on Capital. Too much aggravation dealing with Tatum and doing fireplaces is a sideline to the insulation contracts with builders. I think I would rather deal with someone who only does fireplaces, just my opinion.

14. VivianS

Funny you posted that because every time I see this thread I think, "My name is Hank Hill and I sell propane and propane accessories!" LOL