"Twilight" Movie This Weekend

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Nov 17, 2008.

1. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

How many of you have read the book? Are you planning to see the movie? I read it (the first two books) and I plan to take my hubby out on a "date" to see the movie. It is supposed to be a romantic movie and I heard it's going to be good.

[​IMG]

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have read the book. I will see the movie. I have always been intrigued with vampire stories. It's a huge 'trend' right now too (again). I worked the book fair at my kids school last week, and these books and posters were flying off the shelf. They actually started taking orders for more.

3. CakePrincess

I tried ordering the last two books (Eclipse and Dawn) through several online bookstores and they are out-of-stock. Wow.

Can anyone tell me how to pronounce some of the book character names? They are: Carlisle (Carl-owle?), Esme (yes-me?), Cullen (Cule or Cull-en?).

4. Oneqwkchk

Oneqwkchk Well-Known Member

Currently reading the series and have a 3 couple date night planned Friday to go see it. I think I am addicted to it!

5. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

I've read all 4! My daughter and I became addicted to them. We're going to see it together.

6. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Well-Known Member

My best guess in pronouncing their names is:

Carlisle pronounced Car-lyle
    Esme pronounced Es-May
    Cullen pronounced Cull-en

7. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I have read all the books as well! My neice got me into them.
    I will be going to see the movie too.
    Sheri

8. CakePrincess

Do you have any idea what's the movie's rating would be? PG-13? Now my son wants to go, but I think he's a too little young for it (12 years old). What do you think?

9. KellBell

I was wondering the same thing.....I am going to investigate. My boys are 12 too and they would like to see it. I shall report what I can find out, regarding content.

10. KellBell

says "some violence and a scene of sensuality"

11. CakePrincess

According to "Twilight" book I read, it does have some violence in it and lot of kissing going on between Bella and Edward, so I'm not too sure....

12. KellBell

I will pass on this for mine, the scene of sensuality alone is enough for me to say no. if I even have the slightest doubt, I won't take them.

13. buenasuerta

buenasuerta Guest

I've read all four books, and I would say that I wouldn't take any child under 14. There are very strong undertones of a sexual nature throughout all the books. In the first book it's nothing overt, but it becomes more strong throughout the series.

14. rushlow2004

Has Anyone gone to see it yet?

I went last night and I like it, took my neice and my daughter. It really just based on their love story. The girl that plays Bella did a good job, but the guy took till the middle of the movie for I finally felt he was playing a good Edward. I have read all the books.
    If your kids have seen the Lord of the Ring movies or Harry Potter, there is nothing wrong with them seeing this movie. One kissing part and that was it.
    Sheri

15. KellBell

thanks for that! mine have seen Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

16. rushlow2004

Your welcome and my daughter is 8 years old, and I didn't mind her seeing it. But, I'm not as hard on somethings as some people are. Let's just say soaps have more action then the movie did. It is a love story, the boys may not like that part..but at the end there is some fighting.
    Sheri

17. Bunnyz

Bunnyz Member

Twilight

I saw it yesterday with my 10year old Son.. We both really enjoyed it.. We are looking forward to the next 3.. I didnt find that there were many harsh moments in this one. I can see it getting a little more sexual in like 3 and 4 .. I hope you all go see it..

18. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Took my 12 year old son tonight and saw it. I really knew nothing about the books but the movie was pretty entertaining. My son just started reading the books.

Speaking of Harry Potter, the lead guy was also Cedric Diggery in the Potter movies. Cedric died in The Goblet Of Fire.

Did like the movie. The baseball was pretty neat.

Not sure if its the same in all theaters but the previews before the movie started...there was one for a movie call Unborn (if i remember right) and i dont think that preview was appropriate for this type of movie.

Didnt know there was a series of them though. Looking forward to the next one now.

19. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

FYI...in book 4 they are married and there is a sex scene where he's a "little rougher" than he should be. Not graphic like a romance novel, but it's there and the next day she mentions how she wants to do that more often....

20. rushlow2004

New Moon should come out next year, you won't see Edward in that much..the book is more focused on Jacob's and Bella's friendship. It's a great book. These are Teen books and I really enjoyed them.
    Sheri