A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Football players are just some tough hombres.

Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell played with two shattered fingers on his non-throwing hand Saturday in the Red Raiders' victory over Baylor.

Harrell underwent four hours of surgery Sunday on the pinkie and ring fingers on his left hand, with 17 pins and two plates inserted in his hand to heal nine separate breaks, a source said. Despite the extent of the injury, suffered in the second quarter, Harrell finished the game against the Bears and is expected to be fine for Tech's bowl game.

Texas Tech football spokesman Chris Cook said that coach Mike Leach's policy is not to comment on the specifics of players' injuries. But he confirmed that Harrell did have surgery Sunday morning.

The source said Harrell was X-rayed at halftime, and the Tech medical staff told him he was done for the day. Harrell responded, "Tape my hand up. I'm going out." Harrell finished the game with black tape around the two fingers.

Despite the injury, Harrell threw for 309 yards and two touchdowns, leading the Red Raiders back from a two-touchdown deficit in the second half. The victory gave Tech a share of the Big 12 South title, but it lost the BCS standings tie-breaker to Oklahoma. The Sooners will represent the South in the Big 12 championship game, while Tech will maintain a slim hope for a BCS at-large berth.

Meanwhile, Harrell is hoping to be named a Heisman Trophy finalist. That award will be given Dec. 13th in New York. Ballots are due for the Heisman next week.

Cook said star receiver Michael Crabtree, who missed most of the Baylor game after spraining an ankle in the first half, also should be 100 percent for the Red Raiders' bowl game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3736000

2. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

NOT that dern frisky! :lol:

3. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

I know that...:lol: I was only messing with ya. You do your thing girl.

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Nah - it's cool... hubby is always wishing and hoping for "fun" things like that. I gotta draw the line SOMEWHERE! :mrgreen:

5. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Now don't get too dirty. Watch where you draw those lines. Make sure it's not a permanent marker.:jester:

6. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Gang wars how now crossed over to fast food............

[​IMG]

7. colinmama

colinmama Guest

I am SICK of being SICK.

8. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I got all my christmas lights up this weekend, I have to add my Sleigh and Reindeers this afternoon, they where still drying last night :) In a few years I will be bigger than Meadow LOL

9. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

My SO suffers from CRS too. Maybe we should start a CRS fund?

:lol::jester:

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

The wife and I buy more and more stuff every year. And I fail to put it out every year.

Craig

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I've had CRS now for about.............I can't remember how long.

Craig

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Usually more is "put out" the more you buy! :mrgreen:

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

What a fine way to start this epic thread!

In the spirit of Oh My Goodness things have gotten out of control! I just noticed that in total overall posts, I have pulled up behind Harley and Cleo!

I would say that that is a sad statement on what I find entertaining, but I do love it here and am in great company! :mrgreen:

14. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

For your Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww..........wait..........Wow! moment of the day..........

Man, 80, gets birthday card from former teacher

NEW ULM, Minn. — Hobart Anderson of New Ulm turned 80 recently and with his birthday came a surprise. He got a birthday card signed by Collette Hartung. She was his teacher - 70 years ago. He says he was very, very surprised.

Here's how it happened. Anderson and his wife, Charlotte, were recently honored by the Wanda Gag House Association for his 20 years of involvement with the group and the house.

Hartung saw an article about the honor in The Journal of New Ulm and mailed the card. She said it was a wonderful opportunity to send a surprise.

Hartung is still living on her own in Hutchinson and is in her 90s. She was in her early 20s when she taught Anderson's third and fourth-grade class.

http://www.wral.com/news/strange/story/4057425/

15. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Well, you'll have to post your address so we can all come see it!! ;)

16. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Are you feeling better yet?

I had a migraine last night, first one in months, but it was a doozy. And now this morning the headache's gone, but I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I thought I was just hungry (which I was) but now I'm wishing I didn't eat those waffles...:ack:

17. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Yes, a litte although this cough was killing me yesterday. Thank the lord that it is better. Although I had forgotten that i had taken a 24 hour medicine yesterday morning and then took some other stuff last night and I need to be much more mindful of what I've taken or not. Besides it kept me up all night long. Got about 3 hours sleep. Glorious. It's got to get better one of these days. I have a load of Christmas stuff to put up. And I know about the migraine thing. I got them bad for a while, but went onto medicine and then (knock on wood) they went away. I also changed my diet and that helped as well too. Glad you're not in pain, but hope the tummy gets better.

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You mom & dad's house looks great!!!
    Saw them yesterday, I love them.

19. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

thanks! they do a great job with the decorations :)

20. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Think my hubby would notice if I started smoking again? LOL