My son can hear!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, definitely a non-topic thread really but just had to share. We finally got our youngest activated today. For those who don't know, he is Deaf and received a cochlear implant(CI) about a month ago. It works! He responded to sound. It will be gradually adjusted up over the next couple of weeks but just knowing it works is amazing. We are thrilled & he was SO happy in there when they turned it on. He is at school now but was scared after awhile of having it on. Many new sounds he's hearing for the first time. This is totally normal the center said and will be this way for a few days while his brain starts to process what sound is exactly. We are talking to him non-stop in the car. Can you hear this we'd sign? and he'd verbally say 'yes.' Just had to share a bit of a Christmas MIracle. A Deaf child can now hear. Granted, it will be a LONG time before he can ever talk, if at all. But just knowing he can hear is a total relief. Huge relief. Ever since we found out he's Deaf-blind, we just wanted to make an effort to have at least one of those senses working once he's an adult. And now, we know it will happen. Very happy mom for her son today. Thanks for letting me share.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

And thanks for sharing.

What a wonderful Christmas gift.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I am sincerely happy to hear that for ya'll. I was thinking about him the other day and was wondering how he was doing after you mentioning it a month or so ago. A true blessing for the holidays. I hope he is continually blessed.

4. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Thank God!!!! OMG!!! I am so happy for him!!!! Blessings, blessings, blessings!!

5. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

What a wonderful "gift" to be able to share in!!!! I know your heart is filled with great joy.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

How wonderful for your son, may God continue to bless your family:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

7. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

That is amazing. I am in tears just reading this. I can't imagine how you are feeling. Such great news!

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Abs,
    Thanks for sharing. I needed to find a miracle this week.
    H6

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

STEPH!!! that is awesome!! OMG! how wonderful! I have something for him too.....I need to drop it by!

Merry Christmas indeed!

thanks for sharing!

10. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas Stephanie!!! This will be one you'll never forget.

I am moved to tears with this news!!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

11. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

that is fantastic news!!! so happy for your family!!! :)

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Stephanie - that brought tears to my eyes, I'm so happy for you and your family!

13. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Oh that is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:cheers::cheers::cheers::hurray::hurray::hurray:

How wonderful for him to finally hear his mother's voice.............along with everything else!!!!!!!

God bless you all!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Isn't the Lord good?!? I'm so glad to hear this wonderful news!

Yeah for all the doctors and nurses who helped make this miracle possible! :hurray:

15. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I whole heartedly agree ... I was absolutely moved to tears at this blessing. Congratulations to the whole family, and thank you for sharing the news with us!!!

16. garnet

garnet Well-Known Member

I am extremely happy for your son. I know it was a huge worry to have him undergo the surgery and not to know whether or not it would work. What a blessing that it did. I know it will take a while for him to really understand everything he's hearing (gosh can you imagine hearing the toilet paper come off the tube the first time ... or keys on the keyboard ... or the telephone ringing .. or the water dripping out of the faucet .. I could go on and on).

I am so happy for you guys.

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Stephanie!

What fantastic news! I am so thrilled for you all!

God is good!

18. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

THis is great news Steph!

My kiddo did a big report on those implants leat year. She said that the implants will enable him to learn to speak and respond to any sound - that is great!
    See God Works in Johnston County too.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:hurray::hurray::hurray: What great news!!!!

20. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member