A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

For any of you native eastern JoCo people I have some sad news. The Bojangle's in Selma will close on Jan. 5th and be torn down. This restaurant has fed many, many people and they do have the best food of any Bo restaurant.
    [​IMG]

The good news? They're building a new one in the exact same spot that will take three months to finish.

Laugh this post off but ever since they opened in 1980, my family and I have pumped a lot of cash into this place. It's where we went, after church on Sundays.........it's where we went after little league.......it's where we went for lunch when I worked at Wal-Mart in high school.....it's where my grandparents hung out to people watch..........it's where we ran into people we hadn't seen in years.........it's where I saw the rock band Nine Inch Nails on there way to Woodstock 94........

Anyways, I have to much time on my hands and I made this weird post. So long old artery clogging friend. To quote my PaPa, when he spoke to the local funeral home director one time back in the day, "Elton, when I die I want you to drive the hearse around Bojangle's one more time. If I don't rise up go ahead and take me to the graveyard."

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

1/2 cup water
    1 cup of sugar
    2 cups raw shelled peanuts

cook on medium heat till sugar carmalizes onto peanuts, stirring frequently (about 20 minutes). dump the peanuts onto a cookie sheet, spread and cook for 30 minutes on 300 degrees. Stir and loosen peanuts in 10 minute intervals through out cooktime. Once done, let cool (about 10 minutes) before eating. Let cool about 30 before packaging ( to give).

Easy breezy and sooo yummy.

3. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

MIL and neighbor made Italian cookies yesterday while the wife supervised. MIL wouldn't let her do anything and made her sit in the corner on a chair due to her surgery.

Craig

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I didn't know Tassy had surgery! Hope everything is OK?

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i didn't know either, last i heard she was enjoying Florida:confused: Hope she is doing well and it wasn't anything too serious:grouphug:

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Is she okay? Anything we can do?

Sherry

8. Sherry A.

Okay, I got the darn flu shot and have the dumb arse flu. Been down and out for around 3 to 4 days. Ugg...please not at the holiday season!

Sherry

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Nothing too serious as she is home and doing ok except for being a little sore and tender. She was in sunny Florida, got home on Sunday,had surgery on Thursday, and was home again on Friday.

Craig

10. Sherry A.

Thanks for the update. Can you share what the surgery was? Spoiled rotten...Florida in the sun and then coming home having people wait on you. Tell her that we will have none of this.

Thoughts,
    Sherry

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Crossroads Mall should be renamed Mazeroads Mall:twisted::twisted:

12. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

and RTP should renamed HELLHOLE

13. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I am having such a hard time getting on this website today, and this is the first time I've been able to post anything all day! Anyone else having this problem?

14. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I thought that WAS the name. :lol:

15. seabee

seabee Guest

a few times I thought it was my end, I guess not.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nope, not just ya'll. Having a hard time all day from two different locations.

17. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

i have plenty of high school memories of this place.

18. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

ohhh!! That's right.... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

19. Sherry A.

No problems on my end today as can be seen by all my Posts (tee hee). Hope it is okay for you now.

Sherry

20. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Hello All, This is a BIG THANK YOU to CiCi Pizza in Clayton (Yes, over by the WalMart).

Our scout Pack had dinner their last night, well, we took over, from about 7:15-8:30.

Food was fast, tables cleaned, plates picked up, spilles mopped...THANK YOU CiCi's. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: