New Superintendent named

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dephygravitee, Dec 23, 2008.

1. dephygravitee

dephygravitee Well-Known Member

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

WOW that was FAST-> I thought they might look outside of JOCO?!?
    Full Text

JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. -
    The Johnston County Board of Education named Ed Croom as the district's next superintendent Tuesday morning.

Outgoing superintendent Anthony Parker accepted a superintendent position in a South Carolina district. He will leave the Johnston County Schools on March 1, 2009, several months earlier than expected.

Croom has been Deputy Superintendent for Administrative Services since 2003. He has worked in Johnston County schools since 1988, starting as an agricultural education teacher and working his way up to assistant principal, workforce development director, and high school principal.

"We quickly came to the conclusion that Dr. Ed Croom was the person we wanted to lead our school system," said Larry Strickland, the chairman of the board of education.

Croom has a three year contract as superintendent with an annual salary of $134,352 plus an annual supplement of $20,000.

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

biting my tongue on this thread. Was hoping they'd get someone "fresh" from somewhere other than this county.

Stephanie--mom to 7

4. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

He was the South Johnston Principal, before moving to the Co office, Right????

5. mom24

mom24 Well-Known Member

I hope this will affect the personnel at West and they will make some changes there by move Mrs. Honeycutt out and some of those other principles that won't take the time to return a phone call or email!

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Just post here, they all read from what I understand. :lol:

7. seabee

seabee Guest

Oh I see you are still stirring the pot:jester: Not done baking yet8)

8. mom24

mom24 Well-Known Member

She can stir on with this issue! I have been very frustrated lately.

9. Cleopatra

Isn't stirring the pot part of baking? ;)

10. seabee

seabee Guest

as long as your not smoking the pot...:jester: your doing ok.:lol:

11. Cleopatra

No, I don't do that.

12. seabee

seabee Guest

Ok OK I didn't intend to think you do, it was that bad sarcasm I pop off with now and then.:jester: 8)8)

13. Cleopatra

It's OK, I got your joke. I should have used a smilie. :)

14. seabee

seabee Guest

yeah Geez whats up with that I was about to cry thinking I hurt your feelings or the character of a Queen. :boxing: :jester: 8)

15. Cleopatra

I am unoffendable. :)

16. seabee

seabee Guest

I thought I was alone in that boat... welcome aboard.:cheers:

17. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Hey sista soul sista... just let it flow sista!!!

18. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Good luck w/ that--LOL. Back in 2005(all documented btw), Ed Croom never returned my calls. DPI took care of things. I think if you are in this high a position, you should have at least returned important phone calls. You know when it was returned?! --AFTER the DPI was called and then the tone changed. I know these folks work hard, but sometimes things aren't always as they appear.

Stephanie--mom to 7

19. seabee

seabee Guest

Butt out Red...:jester::lol:

20. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear that these people never returned your calls. Ms. Honeycutt returned mine ASAP & did exactly what she said she would do on the occasions that I had left messages for her.

Dr. Croom the same thing. I have been only dealing with him over the years b/c parker is an absolute moron & should never have been given this position. Dr. Croom has returned every phone call & handled every stituation & even some that where the result of the Super that is leaving-THANK GOD! Yes, he was Principal at South.

BTW- Haven't you all figured out why Parker is really leaving so quickly- um maybe b/c he is running for the hills due to the new people on our school board. New board members actually make him scared......it is about time!!!