Marley & Me

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jean S, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Hubby and I went to see Marley and Me today, FANTASTIC MOVIE!!! One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Marley was adorable! Great performances by Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson! However, probably not a good kids movie, some scenes could get a little emotional for younger viewers. At points in the movie, there was not a dry eye in the theatre! Going in, Hubby thought it was probably just a chick flick, but there were just as many men there as there were women and we both enjoyed it. Anyone else go see any good movies this weekend?

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree: except I think kids will enjoy the movie and will understand. We had many around us and they enjoyed it.

Wonderful movie,
    Sherry

3. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I am going to see it tomorrow, can't wait. Marley and Me is probably my favorite book. Made me laugh and yes,,made me cry too. The last couple chapters are hard to read but the love John had for Marley is quite evident. I met John Grogan at Quail Ridge Books about a year ago, we had a good laugh over Marley's film debut(in real life) and the plans for the upcoming movie.

4. A friend wanted to go to go see it but the commercials for it made me think it was just another chck flick. Also I am not a fan of Owen Wilson.

But we went to go see Valkeryie. That was a good movie. It was based on a true story. One scene when they do plant the bomb I jumped when the bomb went off. I want to go see the new Clint Eastwood Movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
  5. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I usually dont like Owen Wilson either, but he was really good in this role. I want to see Gran Torino too, love Clint-he's still tough as nails!

6. i was at the dog park this afternoon and somebody told me that Marley and me is based on a true story

7. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Marley and me is a true story. You should read the book. The movie was good but the book is terrific!

8. colinmama

colinmama Guest

It looks like I need to go to the movies tomorrow! (But if there is really sad doggy stuff I might not handle it....one of my babies is sick so I'm extra emotional right now).

9. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

10. m2475

m2475 Well-Known Member

I heard it was great! I can't wait to see it!

11. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

I think I enjoyed the movie much more because I had read the book first. I would recommend to read it first just because it fills in all of the little details that makes the movie really make sense. One of my all time favorite books.

12. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member