A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

right there with ya, the parking lot is so empty today!

2. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

Good, maybe we will be able to find parking in downtown Raleigh today!:)
    Sorry you have to work though!:cry:

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I'm working from home but I bet our parking lot is empty today too.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

parking lot has tumbleweeds here....

6. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

haha yep here too!

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I took today off. :jester:

8. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

have fun! me and dh both have to work today, but he had off 2 weeks while I was working, no time off for me!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah, DH took this whole week off for the first time ever. I figured I better take some time off with him. I think we are going to take DS to the museum.

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I was off 3 days last week and this Monday and I was so ready to come back to work. I hate spending that much time at home because there is NOTHING to do after you clean house, etc. and I can't stand just sitting around watching TV. I'm glad to be at work today (call me crazy) but I like having a routine and I love my co-workers so I enjoy being here.

11. KellBell

I am glad you are here!! Happy New Year chick!! :cheers:

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Same to you chica!

13. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Bobby Knight's son who coaches Texas Tech Men's Basketball called a kid out of the stands down to the team huddle to illustrate a point to his team. It's a funny story but the point got through to the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3805389

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I AM SO TIRED OF COUGHING!

And why was everyone in Walmart today?

15. KellBell

probably because the word 'wintry weather' was mentioned earlier today.:roll:
    LOL. I had to go at lunch today, over here on New Bern....and it was madness there too!

16. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

why are some kids more annoying than others?? or is it just me? :evil:

17. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Oh dear...why are you posting this right after running into me and mine in Walmart today??? You must be talking about mine?!? Actually, they weren't that bad in the store, but after we left there, my youngest went downhill QUICK! He's in bed now and hope he stays there for a looooonnnngggg time.

18. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I really, truly love old people and have the most respect for them. But please stay to the old back roads that you've used for the last century, I40 is not the place to venture with your little old trunk or car and drive 45 mph, you are placing yourself as well as other motorist in danger. If you don't feel safe driving 65 mph (which I might add is the speed limit for I40) then please stick to the back roads where 45 mph is an exceptable speed. These roads can still take you where you want to go, just as they did in the last century.

19. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

It truly was sad. The poor old man looked about 90 years old and was in his little old truck, heading on down I40 towards Raleigh. I just couldn't help but think he needed to have taken the old roads to town, way too dangerous on I40 for someone like him, heck its dangerous for me sometimes and I lived in LA. I felt so sorry for him.

20. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

It's just you! LOL :jester: