A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We've nearly been creamed twice in the past two days by people running red lights. Once in front of Bojangles in Clayton and today down in Garner. People! It's not that hard to apply breaks when the damn light turns! Pay attention! I'm not exagerating, if DH hadn't been paying attention and had just went when the light turned green for us, we'd all be dead. :banghead: Thank the good Lord for his defensive driving skils.

2. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

you must have seen the same circus i saw at harris teeter in apex!

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I love seeing ads for "Pure Bread Dogs" ... or a 'pure bread <enter breed here>' ... that's a heck of a lot of money for some bread!!!

4. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

The "troubled economy" does not apear to be affecting McDonald's. Drive through and parking lot of the 4042 location was packed yesterday.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It is affecting McDonald's, their business is actually picking up.

People go for the cheap and "good" when the economy sucks, the people that will hurt are the TGIF's, Ruby Tuesday's and Chop's that are going to suffer.

http://franchises.about.com/b/2008/04/23/is-mcdonalds-recession-proof.htm

6. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

OMG no!!! Your kids are angels. Its complicated...not sure who reads these boards. LOL

7. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

8. colinmama

colinmama Guest

What are even the chances that Chops survives 2009? I always wonder how they say in business on a good day.

9. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Unfortuneately, my line of work usually does well when the economy sours. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as it could be, but with Bush and Paulson raiding the coffers to give more of our tax dollars to their buddies, we may be in the crapper for a very long time. Hold on to your hats...

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, I sure have been Suzy Homemaker today. Made from scratch chicken noodle soup for lunch which was out of this world good, then made homemade corn bread and pinto beans for dinner tonight. Plenty of leftovers for tomorrow too. YUM! Oh, and I cleaned carpets, did laundry and put a new shoe organizer in my closet. I think I am going to collapse with a cold "beverage" shortly and work on that book DH got me for Christmas. :jester:

Happy New Year everybody, it's back to the grind tomorrow!

11. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Hang on, I'll be right over for some of that soup and cornbread. LOL

12. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Let me pm you my address. LOL
    With this bronchitis I don't even want to do laundry.:cry:

13. I wish there was a way to make GoWulfpack disappear off these boards for ever......GoWulfpack's kind of hatred brings this country down...IMHO

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can send ya the recipe! It was very easy! :mrgreen:

15. seabee

seabee Guest

So what...

16. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Totally uncalled for..... IMHO Spewing hatred about someone's hatred. Makes sense to me. :confused: Doesn't have a place on the random thoughts thread either or anywhere else if you ask me.

17. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

OK...I think I'm ready for things to get back to normal today. Kids to go back to school, homework to start, regular meals to start, go back to the gym, work to get done, this STUPID COUGH TO GO AWAY!

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I don't wish him to disappear forever. He is mean-spirited at times. He is filled with with a lot of non-stop negativity which is definitely a downer. The easiest thing to do is just put him on ignore, then you don't have to read it.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't wanna be back at work..... 229 emails to sort through :?

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Oh my - 'delete, delete, delete' :lol:
    This sure is gonna be a long week :?