Attempted suicide at McGee's Middle this AM?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jan 5, 2009.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

Oh great now its on to comedy...:jester: J/K Frosty

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree: I wonder if the adult had a child/children at either of the schools?

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

if this is true, it takes the cake.....seriously.....:banghead::banghead:

4. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

could have been over loss of custody, but still you shouldnt involve the kids..

btw I am going to hijack, Michelle do yall have an auxillary?

5. michelle

Not that I know of.

6. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Mental illness is horrible and makes people do things that are beyond comprehension for most people, but a little compassion goes a long way and my prayers are with whoever this was. I hope that they are able to get the intensive treatment that they need.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Took the words right from my fingers.

What a compassionate bunch here.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah, I got similar crap when I expressed my sympathy for a suicide a few weeks ago. Some folks have no heart at all. Although, I sincerely hope this person didn't intend for the kids to witness any of it. :?

9. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Compassionate to a point but some things I don't want my kids to ever have to witness. And the question still runs through the mind - why at a school where there are a bunch of children?
    I have dealt with mental health and suicide first hand so like I said a little compassion but my kids emotions come first.

10. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I have compassion for people who suffer from depression, but it has been my experience (and yes a lot) that most people that commit suicide in a group of people usually do it so they have a safety net sort of speak. Those who really want to end it usually do it in a private area so no one can save them. Just from the experience I have seen. To me this person probably needed more help and attention and the only way they knew to get it was to do something like this, and since you have not seen much media it probably was self inflicted knife or hanging.. no gun or the school would have been on lock down and parents would have been notified, if not I would personally be raising cane.. But like I said just my experience and I hope the person does get the help they need..

11. KellBell

pardon all of us for worrying about the effect it could potentially have on our kids who go there.....

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's all purely speculation at this point? Correct?? I too, am VERY concerned about any impact on children, as I pointed out in my post. I'm also concerned about someone who would do such a thing.

13. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

yes all speculation as far as location, time, etc.. so until someone finds out specifics there is no way of knowing, my one hope is if the kids do hear about it that they will bring conselors (sp) to the school for any kids that feel like the need to talk to someone if they can not talk to there parents.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:iagree:

15. KellBell

not speculation. confirmed. it was an adult, in front of the school. the school is giving out that much information.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

No Pardens on Mondays try back tomm.

17. michelle

Why does everything always have to turn into an argument on here?

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's a pure shame, I can however, feel bad for all parties involved. One does not preclude the other.

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

"Compassion to a point" and "compassionate but" just ain't compassion.

And pardon me for worrying about the effect the suicide attempt could actually have on the person who was attempting the suicide and their kids/family, etc. Sometimes it's not all about *you* and *yours*.

20. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

my heart stopped when i saw the title of this thread!!!

#1 worry about my kids!
    #2 worry about other folks

i have experienced suicide 1st hand it is a very selfish act!