Attempted suicide at McGee's Middle this AM?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jan 5, 2009.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

Because I'm here...:jester:

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

good, you worry about the person who tried to commit suicide, I will worry about my kids.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I think there are a lot of compassionate people on here. Just ask any of the families that have received help from the good folks here whether it be in the form of money, clothing, gifts for the kids at Christmas, lending a trailer, etc.

4. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

:iagree: right there with ya. suicide is the easy way out!

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I have't seen an argument. I posted my opinion on the matter, it just happens to be in the minority apparently.

6. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

:iagree: dang, I agree a lot on here :)

7. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

All points are valid but being a parent you put your kids first and other parties later.
    Kids and adults think that suicide is sometimes the only answer. If these kids find out what happened this morning what kind of message is that sending to them.
    And also finding out that something like that happened where my children are attending school really freaked me out. As it should!

8. seabee

seabee Guest

Hey is it raining outside yet?

9. Cleopatra

I agree, it is a selfish act - and I too would be worried about my kids and other children/adults "on the scene". But that would not negate or tone down any compassion I felt for another human being who felt they had no other way out of their troubles - whether it was in front of an audience or not.

10. colinmama

colinmama Guest

I understand putting your kids above a stranger and would be just as upset if my child were at the school but I was just asking for their to still be room in the heart to understand this person is very ill and needs help (even if you don't agree with them trying to take their life).

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree: I have also was the first one to discover a suicide attempt of a loved one.

12. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

If you're that uncompassionate about people and the mental delemas we sometimes get into, don't worry. You've passed that trait on to your kids. If they do see it they'll probably just step on the body as they go by anyway.

13. Cleopatra

*snort

14. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

there are huge hearts on this board and i dont think anyone on this tread said anything about NOT caring about the person who obviously needs help.....only 1st voicing concern for our kids!

15. Cleopatra

You're right, CF. I think this post really comes from a place of caring.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

Hi there... you forgot the other asterik behind it. 8)

17. colinmama

colinmama Guest

I'm really sorry you went through that and I hope your loved one has/is gotten treatment and will never get to that point again.

18. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    :iagree:

19. Cleopatra

Ah... you are losing your touch, seabee. Always in front, never behind. lol

20. seabee

seabee Guest

Very good illustration...