A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Ensure or Boost, both are about the same. If you have a hard time taking in a lot of nutrition at once, just pour a half glass and put the rest in the fridge, but keep sipping until you get it all down. Maybe a couple of cans a day in addition to your meals.

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I second that! But seriously, make sure you are eating enough to get your proper nutrition, too, don't just fill up on empty calories.

3. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Sherry,

Try rubbing toilet paper on your bottom. It worked for me . . .just look how big my arse is now :lol:

Seriously, I should write down what I eat in a day and I bet you could follow it and be chubby in no time.

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

KDs,

Have you tasted Ensure? I tried my mother's Butter Pecan and thought I would die. Tried just about all flavors and maybe it is just the thought of why she uses it that turns my stomach.

Maybe if I add some of that powder we have for nutrients in my drinks it will work as well. What do you guys think?

Sherry

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I think you should listen to me and go to cookout or Chick-fil-a and get a milkshake!

7. Sherry A.

That's already been done, thank you.

Momof3...nuts, like peanuts will help me gain weight?

Thanks to all,
    Sherry

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

damn sherry, you really are from another planet, aren't ya?? Yes nuts, nuts in chocolate, nuts in cake, nuts in candies. Bread too. Eat bread. bread with butter and nuts! :mrgreen:

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the nuts, they're confusing to me. I think they are high in fat, but the "good" fats? My hubby has family history of high cholesterol, and we always try to watch fatty foods, they always have high fat listed, but not saturated fat (some of them), but then in health mags, they will have some nuts listed as great foods to eat, as in healthy foods. So I think it might depend on which ones?

I'm with Michelle, I could tell you what foods to eat all day to gain weight, but they wouldn't be healthy! I'd say try to stick to dairy, meats, things like that, as long as there's no health-related reason why you can't. At least those things will have vitamins and minerals along with the fats. And of course, a milkshake a day won't hurt either (I'm an ice-cream addict)

10. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Yep. The good thing is that nuts (boy we are asking for sick jokes aren't we?) have good fats in them so are still beneficial. And Taco Bell. When I was first pregnant it was all I craved and I swear I packed it on fast. I guess any fast food will work. The bread and butter thing too. Don't be sparse with the butter of course.

11. colinmama

colinmama Guest

The way I understand it eating a ton of nuts will still make you fat which is why they say to only eat a few in your diet to get the good fats from them. So she'd just have to start eating a bunch. Maybe just have them next to the couch and snack while watching tv so you don't think about how many you are eating.

12. Sherry A.

Oh, yeah. Taco Bell sounds good. Thanks for the information on the nuts and hopefully the 4042 nuts will leave this one alone. :mrgreen:

Running,
    Sherry

13. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I think you jinxed them. THere is a for sale sign up there now.

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I am sure PRM could tell ya a thing or two about nuts. 8)

15. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

One more thing about nuts - you get filled up on them quickly. Seriously. (and now, queue the jokes)

16. Sherry A.

Oh, dear...please don't let P see this.................:jester: I'll bet he thinks I'm looking for his. :mrgreen:

Sometimes we just gotta laugh,
    Sherry

17. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

If that's the case then how come when I go to a baseball game I can drink beer and eat 1-2 bags of shelled peanuts by myself?

Craig

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Sherry also weight lifting will build muscle/mass.
    Grab a can of corn/beans/whatever to start out with.

Girl, if you lived with me, I'd have you fattened up in NO TIME! :lol:

19. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

He would be THE ONE to ask!!!

20. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ARE THEY EVER GOING TO PUT A LEFT TURN SIGNAL AT THE MCDONALDS ON 42????? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: