A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

He had cancer but it is unclear what the health problems are at the moment.

Sherry

http://dailyguideghana.com/newd/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1554&Itemid=305

Apples chief executive Steve Jobs is to take a six-month break from running the business to focus on his health. Speculation had been mounting over the increasingly gaunt appearance of the Apple chief, which earlier this month was revealed to be caused by a hormone imbalance.

However in an open letter to Apple employees, Jobs said his health-related issues were more complex' than he thought.

Unfortunately the curiosity over my personal health continues to be a distraction not only for me and my family but everyone else at Apple as well," he wrote. "In addition, I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex than I originally thought.

In order to take myself out of the limelight and focus on my health, and to allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary products, I have decided to take a medical leave of absence until the end of June.

Jobs also revealed he had asked Tim Cook to take over the running of Apples day-to-day operations.

He said he planned to remain involved in major strategic decisions while he is off.

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

The snow is almost all melted

3. Sherry A.

Yeah!

Sherry

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree:

5. seabee

seabee Guest

really??????? thanks never would've known that.

thank you

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:lol: and that was bad!

7. seabee

seabee Guest

And thats me....:jester::jester::lol:

8. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

wedding tonight. running out to get my gorgeous man new shirt and tie. he would rather chew on broken glass than wear a tie! teehee! he will look so hawt!

9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Attention I-40 drivers...

Between the 309 exit and the 306, every morning people fly right past me in that far right merging lane. You must think your destination is more important than mine and the hundereds of other people who are patiently driving in the correct lanes.

As the lane begins to end, you think you're just going to jump right in front of me and carry on. Well I got news for you bucko.....you ain't getting in front of me. I will ride the tail end of the vehicle in front of me so closely that I'll smell their breakfast before I let you coast down that right hand lane and think you're going to swerve in front of me.

Didn't your mama teach you any manners?

10. Sherry A.

Going to look at prom dresses, shoes and bags. Where did the time go?

Sherry :cry:

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I totally agree! :evil:

12. bandmom

Yep - we did that about 2 weeks ago, found one at David's Bridal. Have fun! :cheers:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  13. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Stupid cold season.............

14. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Isn't it a little eary for Prom? I always thought it was in April or May???

15. bandmom

Most of the HS in JoCo have theirs right before Spring Break, so its on Apri 9.
    As far as early - it depends, we had to order the right size, so glad we looked early!

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Bought DD a beautiful dress off of Craigslist this weekend for $100. The girl was so sweet that she even sold us the shoes and the jewelry for an extra $20. I'm so excited!

17. bandmom

Wow! Thats a good deal. We only spent $135 on the dress we got, which I thought was pretty good. But of course when you add in jewelry, shoes, man/pedicure, tanning?, etc.....it does add up! But this is her Sr prom and the only one she's been too - so what the heck! :lol: Plus the shoes/jewely etc can/will be worn again, maybe even the dress if she has another formal event at college next yr.

18. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

God I'm glad I have boys! :lol::lol::lol:

19. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

me too :)

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

me three:hurray: