A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Same here, LOL

As a side note, I am FREEZING!!!! Feels like a meat locker in here!

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Well - boys don't get out much cheaper (have one of those too!) Renting a tux runs at least $100 (and you don't get to keep to use again) although that usually does include shoes etc. The you have to buy coursage for the date - they normally run $20+, then there's the limo prob $100 (thankfully ours never did that), dinner, photos taken at the prom......it gets pretty expensive for boys and girls - oh! and there's the $$ for the prom tickets too.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

limo? HA! I'll be glad to drop them off in the Mustang!!:cheers:

4. seabee

seabee Guest

I spent a lot of money to learn how to drive like that...

5. bandmom

Also - my son went to the proms all 4 yrs of HS - the thing that 'got me' about spending that amount of $$ each time was that he never went with someone who was 'special' to him. It was always just someone who asked him to the prom......:?

6. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

black monday

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Why did I bother to come to work today?

Craig

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

One of my lifelong dreams will be coming true on my birthday this year...I can't wait!! Only 50 more days!!! :mrgreen::hurray::mrgreen::hurray:

9. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

Would that be to get rid of that nagging cough?:lol:

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

No, that's not a lifelong dream, but it is a dream of mine for sure! Guess I'm going to the ENT next, spoke to the dr on Friday, sounds like now maybe the answer lies in my throat/vocal cords?

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Got back from shopping and we just could not decide on one dress. The store was packed. We went to Debs at Crabtree. Wound up buying two dresses for a total of around $95.00 for the two. Short, cocktail type, dresses were on sale for $10.00. Gotta love a bargain.

Hopefully she can wear one long dress this year and the other one next year. We already have the shoes, wrap and clutch. So, it is all about tanning, nails (when it gets real close) and hair. Our hair stylist has her tearing out styles she likes and is playing with her hair to see what will look good.

Prom is April 9th and girls are going nuts. The teen tans easily so ideas on how early she needs to start tanning? Six weeks or so......I don't tan easily so I just don't have a clue.

Sherry

12. bandmom

If she tans easily she can probably wait til 3-4 wks before, unless she wants to be REALLY dark. Mine just wants a little color cause she is on the pale side. She doesn't tan easily so thought about doing the spray tan - but she's afraid she'll look orange :lol:

13. Sherry A.

Thanks. She does not want to be really dark. One of her friends went to dark last year and looked strange. So 3 to 4 weeks before sounds great. Since I don't do this.....how far in advance do I need to make an appointment?

Sherry

14. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

you're so lucky. i don't have a prom to plan this year. we always started looking for dresses right after Christmas. always had so much fun. I would have given anything to be able to find a dress for $95. that's a steal. have fun and cherish every minute of it.

15. Sherry A.

Two for $95, that's what is so shocking! We have this year and next but it does seem that they grow up so quickly. She has been taking pictures in both dresses and sending them to friends to try and decide which one to wear this year. I know how important these things are and I just know I'm going to cry when they are driven away.

I will give her your advice on having fun and cherishing every minute.

Thanks,
    Sherry

16. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

if you're gonna have pictures taken you should go ahead and make the appointment. they fill up fast the closer it gets to prom.

17. Sherry A.

Thanks so much. Will do....I had not even thought about pictures as of yet.

You are the greatest,
    Sherry

18. bandmom

I haven't checked around yet, but lots of times the salons will offer a prom package, a certain # of visits for one price. Some places take appt and others do first come, first serve - so just depends on where you go.

19. bandmom

They usually offer them at the prom (prob more $$) But if she going with the a date or even just friends, she may want some taken there too - so might want to wait?

20. Sherry A.

Really? Thanks so very much for letting me know. I don't know what I would do without all of you guys. My teen would think I am the biggest nerd of a mom, which I am, but at least I am one step ahead of her with all of ya'll helping me.

Thank you,
    Sherry