A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

hint hint to them if they are on here. well its better than pink...which I've seen.

Maybe they're a UNC fan:jester:

Cmon Red use that noggin...:p:p

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I'm a UNC fan, but dayum!!! I'm also a STEELER fan, but you don't see my house or car painted black and yellow.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I don't give my kids SSN to anyone. I have seen it requested at the school, at the doc's office - I mean, are they going to come after them for the bill if I don't pay it? It's just necessary IMO. If they want to track and identify - they need to come up with their own numbers.

4. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:iagree: Went round and round with a couple doctors offices. They never got my DS's SSN and guess what... their bill got paid.

5. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys....I will NOt be giving it out...we'll see :)

6. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I can't claim books that were bought for my daughter for college on my taxes but if i had a gambling debt, I could claim that. Who comes up with this stuff? :x

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

You can only claim gambling losses to the extent of winnings. You never get a deduction for that beyond the income you claim from gambling.

ETA: Unless, of course, you're gambling on the stock market - that's a whole other kettle of fish!

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I claimed the books I bought. Turbo Tax told me to.

9. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Yep, I've been through the same thing the past few years with both my kids. The darn books cost a small fortune...even used ones!!

10. Tangerine

I think you can claim your own but not your childs? I think that is what she told me.

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hmm, that doesnt make a bit of sense. But taxes never do.

I got a huge deduction just for being enrolled in an HSA. I tell ya, the strangest stuff!

12. Tangerine

Didn't make any sense to me either. You would think books woudl be a legitimate expense.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

Well I know you won the SB, I'd still be embarassed to show of those colors...:jester::jester:

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

cool, haven't fooled with mine yet, i was advised to wait until after the stimulas passes by a CPA as supposedly tax cuts will be retroactive for 2008 and those that have already filed will have to refile some form - if it is gonna get done by mid Feb, i will just wait. But love knowing we get a deduction for the HSA - thanks:hurray:

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm loopy and going to work!

Should be interesting! :lol:

16. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I picked him up a little while ago and he is back home with me now, and purring so loud I can't hear myself think! He's still got all his pinkie toes, now we'll wait for the test results to come back. Probably be about a week, but the vet was very positive. Did NOT look like cancer to him. So far so good! :hurray: Thanks for asking!

17. Cleopatra

I love my new mop. :)

18. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Well come on over and show me how it works on my kitchen floor!

19. Cleopatra

Hey. NO free demonstrations.

20. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

RING PHONE! Dang it.

Ok Cleo no free demos :(

I need to get something done around here but I have stitches and am injured!