To all married folks...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JC1000, Feb 7, 2009.

1. JC1000

JC1000 Member

Wife and I just watch Fireproof last night - what a great inspiring film. If any of you are going through "challenging" times, I really think this is the film for you - just do not watch it by yourself - you must watch it with your spouse. Even if you are not going through hard times in your marriage, it will draw you close together.

Every marriage has its difficulties, some large, some small, but this movie really hits the point that marriage is not about what is best for "me" and once we get that, everything can usually work out. It delivers the message about the power of Jesus Christ about how he can change lives (like he did mine) for those that did not believe at all for most of their lives (like me).

While I am sure I will receive the usual kickback banter, I think it would be a good investment in anyone's marriage to invest two hours in this movie.

2. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

I have heard another review about this movie with the same things as you mentioned. I haven't seen it yet tho but would like to.

3. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Fireproof is by far one of the best movies! The Kendrick brothers are amazing! This is the third movie and each one of them have valuable lessons. The fire scenes were well done.

Here is the trailer

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That does look like a good movie. Flywheel was good too, low budget just the the link says - but still very good nonetheless.

5. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

Agree!
    This is a wonderful movie!
    It is playing at the Howell - 2 bucks !

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We bought it last weekend and will hopefully get to watch it tonight. We also have the book from the movie.

7. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

8. michelle

We watched it last night and it was awesome! We both cried all through it.

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Awesome movie! Dh and I commented on the acting skills then researched the movie to learn more about it. The actors were all volunteers from the church. They raised money to make this movie. That knowledge made it even better for me. Every married couple should watch this movie. By the way, the guy dancing in the bathroom was the church's youth pastor. :)

10. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

And the book that is seen in that movie is called the "The Love Dare". Its a 40 day challenge for you and your spouse to take together.

11. michelle

I loved the neighbor in the movie. That part was so funny!

12. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

where did you get yours? can i drive down the road and borrow yours?

13. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me to look for this movie.

My bride and I, along with our 14 yr old daughter, watched it last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Fireproof will absolutely make you reflect on your marriage and your relationship with the Lord.

14. michelle

CF, I just saw this post. Yes, you can borrow mine! We watched Flywheel last night and it was great!

15. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

well i would have picked it up when i brought you todays coupons BUT nooooooooooo. next weekend sugar. thanks!

16. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

They also have it at the Redbox at Lowes Foods, DH & I rented it for Vday. It is a GREAT movie. Definitely puts things in perspective.