Best Colorist in Area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tamo245, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Tamo245

Tamo245 Active Member

I have been going to a salon out of town for my hair but have decided to try to find someone local. I really want someone who is VERY experienced with color. A bad haircut can be recut and or grows out, a bad color job is very hard and expensive to undo.

Is there anyone local to the 4042 area who is a color expert? Or anyone in Raleigh? I really would prefer Local but if not, then Raleigh is fine too.

Thanks!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Jennifer at Pure Salon at 40/42 is great with color! Not only am I most pleased with her out of all the places I've tried since I moved here 12 years ago, she is fast. I've never had anyone be able to do a cut, full color and highlights on me in less than 2-1/2 hours. I'm in and out of there in an hour & a half! Not cheap.. but I've been victim to "you get what you pay for". I'm much happier to spend a few more dollars and be tickled with a new color or cut, than cheaper $$ and miserable.

Pure Salon 773-0404

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i love Joni at Charisma Salon (she is the owner). She does a great job on color for me - tried a lot of places before and were never as pleased as i am with her and she is consistent - never had a bad color job since i have been going to her the past year and a half. She is located on Raynor Rd off Cornwallis.

Charisma Salon
    919-662-8900

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I have an awesome charcoal set and a watercolors palette that would set your world on fire!

If you need something colored, I'm your gal!

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

you nut:lol::lol::lol:

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Jenny at Andrea's & Co on hwy 50 is awesome! 207-0088

I've been going to her for about 5 yrs and have never had a bad experience!
    Price wise - I think she's most reasonable. I tried one other place ONCE and not only was I not happy with how my hair looked, it cost more.....never again! :?

7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

That'd be me!:mrgreen:

8. Tamo245

Tamo245 Active Member

Thanks very much!

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

HELLO!!!

:hurray:

LOVE JENNY!!!!!

10. Crysta

Crysta Guest

It really depends on the type of color you're looking for. Michelle at Radiance Salon does a great job, especially if you're looking for something non-traditional. She did a great job on my color, which is deep red with blond highlights. If the colorist doesn't know what they're doing, the blond turns pink and/or clashes with the red color. Michelle was expensive, but not outrageous. I wouldn't use her for a cut, though, as I did end up getting my hair recut somewhere else. She does have evening and weekend hours, but it can take several weeks to get an appointment with her.

11. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I recommend Cristin Gupton at Pure Salon (773-0404), she is FANTASTIC & very reasonably priced. She has a 30% off color promotion going on right now..Good Luck!

12. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

I agree with Pure Salon. My work schedule is different everyday and there's no way for me to know ahead of time on what day is free for me. Pure Salon is very kind and awesome to take client in without an appointment. They make my life easier. :)

13. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

I second Michelle at Radiance! She's done mine for over 2 years now since I moved here. She used to be at Pure Salon and went to Radiance for the smaller atmosphere. I almost always can get an appt within 2 weeks even after work. I have a cut, shampoo, color, 2 highlight colors and glaze done for anywhere between $100-130 depending on if she does all over color or just touches up my roots. The # for Radiance is 772-0000.

14. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Wow, that really surprises me. I got a single process color with one-color highlights and a cut, on short hair, and she charged me $165.

15. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Crysta, I think she may still charge me the prices she had from Pure, maybe? I know she did have to raise prices when she went to Radiance because they have to buy their own color there and I do pay a little more now I think. I know she cuts my husband's hair for I think $12 like she did at Pure and when he sent one of his friends to her recently, she charged his friend $25 which as you can imagine is steep for a guy! Even with tip the most I've ever paid is $160 and I see her every 6-8 weeks. I guess I might have been "grandfathered" in.