Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 24, 2009.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

2. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Funny story. I was there one night with the wifey. We were trying to enjoy a snack at one of the little square tables while playing pool. I hate smoke being all up on me, especially while I am snacking. So, some guy grabs the pool table beside ours, and sits his ashtray on our little square table where my food was. So I reached inside my pocket, took out a cigar, licked it with enough spit that it was glistening in the bar lights, then sat it in the ashtray. Needless to say, he found another ashtray and a different table :p

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the facts that show that smokers are better tippers than non-smokers.

:?

4. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

If the Draft House were to go smoking outside only, I believe they'd have a larger turnout at both the bar area and the dining room, as well. In this day and age of economic recession, I am amazed they haven't considered it.[/QUOTE]

If they stopped allowing smoking, their alcohol sales would plummet. If smoking were not allowed I would be out of there really fast after finishing dinner, I wouldn't be staying for several more drinks like I do now. I know lots of folks who feel the same way, probably a lot more who want to keep their right to smoke than those who want to take it away.

5. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

LOL !!!

Not these days..... they are saving the tip money for their smokes.....almost $5.00
    a pack now !

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I doubt people will stop going to bars if they pass a no smoking law. If it were not a law, and some restaurants banned smoking in the bar, I don't doubt they would lose business because the smokers would go someplace where they could smoke. But if that's not one of the choices, are you just gonna stay home?

By the way, the smoke at CDH doesn't bother me at all. I'm not a smoker, and it really does bother me in some places, but it seems like the exhaust system on the bar side pulls it right out. I have sat there with a group that included smokers, and hardly even noticed the smoke.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I disagree with the smokers tip more BS. Folks hanging out in a bar, eat (Maybe) then sit there for hours, holding the table hostage and then only tip the minimum on the total bar tab. I was a waitress and a bartender for 10 years.

When we go out to dinner, we always have to wait for the NON SMOKING Section, never a wait to be seated in smoking, anywhere.

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Sounds to me that if the bars stopped allowing folks to smoke that alcoholism and drunk driving might drop substantially :mrgreen:

9. KellBell

:lol::lol::lol:

10. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

lol !!

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

And.. if you were out of there faster, they could turn the table over faster to another "dining" party and increase their food sales $$.

12. KellBell

I can only speak for me and the group I hang out with, but we drink tons, don't smoke any, and we tip like hell. :cheers:

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Usually when I go to a resturant that has a smokoing and non smoking section, I personally prefer to sit in the smoking section......not because I smoke, but because I am less likely to be bothered by uncontrollable rug rats during my dinner. And for that little bit of peace I'm willing to put up with smoke.

However I can't stand diehard chain smokers, you know the type that will light a new cig off the one they are finishing, and yes I have seen a few here and there in the local bars. And if it starts to get to me I will make some smart *** comment about it loud enough for them to hear me.

Craig

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Glad I don't hang out with you then....as I never drink.

:jester:

Craig

15. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

And the (forgive the pun) smoke and mirrors appear. No mention has been made of a person's right to smoke or not smoke. By couching it in those terms, you are sure to inflame the rhetoric. Yes, you have a right to smoke. I have the right to not smell it. If you actually didn't exhale the noxious stuff or allow it to drift into my breathing airspace, that might be a consideration.

When you introduce the "I have rights" argument, remember to include the part that relates to my rights as well, as in..the right to swing your fist ends at the point where my nose begins.

16. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

I dont smoke however i believe it is 100% up to the restaurant to decide if they want smoking or non smoking or both. No one should make that decision for them IMO

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  17. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

18. KellBell

:iagree:

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

20. seabee

seabee Guest

No BS on that...