Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 24, 2009.

1. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

there are just as many people (actually probably more nowadays) that like to drink and hang out in a bar that don't smoke cigarettes.

The smoking folks might be in the majority at the CDH, but if you go somewhere besides the CDH, you'll see the smoker's are in the minority. As I said before, there is always a wait for the non-smoking section....rarely in the smoking.

3. soulshine

Well, why not just go ahead and outlaw drinking in bars too!

4. KellBell

and for the record, I don't care if you smoke or not. I love all my smoking friends, or is it all my friends are smokin'? anywho....When we go out, we decide if we want to go to the Drafthouse (since that's the place we are currently talking about) based on whether or not we want to smell like an ashtray and inhale 2nd hand smoke or not. It's no skin off our noses, we are going out to eat regardless...I would think they would want our non-smoking monies as well as the smoker's monies. bizznizz is bizznizz.

I'm just saying......:cheers:

5. KellBell

LOL. yeah right!!! :cheers:

6. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

ok how did this go from good food to smoking in restaurants? Who gives a s**t If you dont like it dont go. If you do I will probably see you there! LOVE the food LOVE the owners LOVE my friends that go there. :chillpill::cheers:

7. seabee

seabee Guest

Hey look we all do thorough checks and balances around here, you will often get more than you asked for... Heck at least its still about the Draft house..

Would Obama hang out at the CDH??? He'd be there with the heater hanging out of the side of his mouth drinking a Schlitz beer...

8. soulshine

I think someone started bi***ing about cigarette smoke.

9. seabee

seabee Guest

Dang it... I missed that "69" post by one...

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Exactly...DRAFT as in draft beer.......It is the Draft House not the Smoke House.

:)

Craig

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

13. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I'm from Philly, where you can't smoke in a bar or restaurant, or within 50 feet of the entrance of any building. After passing the ban they didn't see a measurable decrease in revenues, even in the winter. There are still places you can go to smoke; they may have seen an increase in business.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

All the restaurants I know and love in Massachusetts have seemed to survive the changeover to non-smoking. You smokers down here would have it lucky, atleast its not as cold as it is in Massachusetts to have to stand outside and smoke. :jester:

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

HEY!!!!!!! Girls and boys!!!!

:grouphug: NOW!!!! Or I'll spank you! :twisted:

Tassy, I'll need to borrow the whip AGAIN!

I don't go to Ruby Tuesday's because I can't smoke there SO they don't get my $$.
    Was at the DH today, smoked a whole bunch of cigs and was happy that I could do so. If the DH went to non smoking - I wouldn't go. I'd find another establishment who catered to the smoking crowd OR my *** would just sit at home at smoke.

Oh and today I actually ATE lunch! :lol:
    (normally I dont eat) :?

Cant ya'll behave while I'm gone for pete's sake? Come on now!

16. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

You can't smoke in restaurants in Connecticut either. When the ban was enacted revenues actually went up too. This allowed establishments to have more seating and wait times decreased, it was a win-win situation. Most added on outside area's for smokers to puff away.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i doubt you will ever find facts like that just as you will never find the true amt of tips that servers make. i am basing that opinion on 18yr of working in the industry in both restaurants and bars and in all the restaurants that i ever worked, the most experienced servers were always assigned to the bar/smoking side as that is where the real money is. i am sure it is not true with everyone, i know you and Craig take care of people, but as a general rule it was. All servers wanted to be assigned to that side. It goes to understanding that a lot of the people who sit on the non-smoking side are parents with small children and very rarely is that tip or bill going to be as big as the same amt of patrons that are drinking and smoking at a table on the bar side. The liquor mark up is also a lot higher than the food markup and a lot of profit for the restaurant. But it all boils down to what you want, i prefer to smoke when i drink so i go to places that accomodate that, if you do not, i am sure there are establishments that will accomodate you.:cheers:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

you must have waited on different type of clientele than i was accustomed to:cheers:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  19. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I smoke, but I never smoke when I go out to eat some where. Most of the time I go with someone that doesn't smoke and I try to respect that. They always ask what I want and I'm like I can wait a hour to smoke, not a big deal for me. I need to stop anyways...but still the same for me just respect the ones around me that don't smoke.

Now if we all smoked when going out then yes it would be different.
    Sheri

20. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

If they pass the law in NC you had better get out your pots and pans.