A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. monaco177

monaco177 Guest

Just wondering why it is so hard for me to find a job. I want to work and need to work and it is just so damn frustrating looking for a new job these days. Why can't life be easier? I keep praying but it seems like my prayers never get answered.

2. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I have been saying those exact same words for months now!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

So much for my TAN! I now have a farmers tan. :lol:

I LOVE being on the bike and meeting new people AND seeing some old friends.

Gonna have some big FAT burgers and REAL french fries for dinner along with some super duper friends over.

Life is good! :cheers:

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

C6 and I had a good ride today. Lots of bikes out there.
    Two rants, if I may.....

We stopped in a Clayton restaurant to get a bite to eat. Not calling the name, but it's a real shiny place near a car wash off 70. Apparently, on Sundays, the courteous servers favor the locally well known. We were half arsed greeted and then shown to a table. Granted we got in about 1:30, with half an hour for breakfast.

One young lady got our drink order, but the waitress took her own sweet time to BS with the counter girls before sauntering over. Apparently, we were expected to be grateful that we were being waited on. I didn't get that memo. We ordered breakfast.

After a few, Ms. Uninterested came back and said..We're out of cinnamon apples, want applesauce? We waived off the applesauce and it still took about 15 min to get our eggs. B4 you ask, no they weren't busy, even had several open tables.

My breakfast was OK. Not great, not bad, just OK. C6's was OK. (Note to self..next time, continue on to the Waffle House)

Bill came out to 13.33. Tipped her 2 bucks, FIFTEEN percent and got a sneer for that. The Witch deserved ZERO. Having been in the retail food industry long time, I just couldn't give her what I thought she deserved.

Won't darken their doors again.

Rant 2....parked in the lot, facing the diner was a big ol' silver car, with windows slightly cracked, and the family dog inside, just panting away. I'm guessing they had just come from church because there was a big copy of the KJV in the dash. While I'm no theologian, it wold appear to me that a true Christian would not abuse an animal like this. I figure if you wouldn't sit in the darned car with the windows slightly cracked on an 80 degree, sunny day, then you shouldn't subject a pet to it either.

Rant button to off position...thanks.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I wish!

I had a blast though!

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I miss the hour of sleep we lost over the weekend.

7. harleygirl

Laundry :ack::ack::ack:

Do we really need clothes? :lol:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Why can't people just DO what you ask them (and pay them) to do without giving you crap. I want the dern form sent, just freaking do it!! Doesn't matter why, just do it! :?

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't wanna be stuck inside today!!!!

[​IMG]

10. harleygirl

You can go with me "door knocking". :lol:

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am the reason people need clothes! :mrgreen:

13. harleygirl

:boxing:
    You betta stop it.

Were you at Food Lion @ 210 yesterday about 5:30 ish? I havent seen you in a long time, but from I remember, it could have been you?? :lol:

I swear we all need to start wearing our screen name on nametags when we venture out! :lol:

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Nope, just Church, the yard and parked in front of the TV screen yesterday.

15. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Such a beautiful day out ...aahhhh

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

LOVE the avatar!

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks!! He was just too cute not to use, wigglin' his butt and all!!

:lol:

18. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Friday night at CDH, overheard a woman telling her husband that he needed to leave a bigger tip. He said, "I left 10%", she said, "You should leave at least 15"

He stared at her and said, "If 10% is good enough for the church we go to, why isn't 10% good enough for someone I don't even know". :jester:

19. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

better enjoy the weather because Wednesday is the last day.. UGH i LOVED THIS WEEKEND!

20. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

happy monday ??!! seems like an oxymoron....LOL

any way....

I bees married now - I have to place nice...