Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 24, 2009.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Cool thanks! I'm almost positive it was her but I'm not the type to come up to people and say 'hey is your name SB on a local discussion board?'
    I did that to someone before and got a blank stare. I didn't want a repeat - I learned my lesson. :lol:

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well it was a hard week! I spent it in Buffalo.

Hugh Button

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

LOL. I've done that before.

AND my customers ask what the 4042.com sticker is in my back window of my car. :lol:

Representin'! :hurray:

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

YES, it was me :)

Thanks ya'll...I was feeling no pain, so sorry I didn't even notice anyone!

We were bar hoppin and had just left McKinleys and I was already lite up:lol:

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Virginia passed their state ban on smoking in restaurants and bars. And the NC bill has gotten out of committee and looks like it will be heading to the full legislature. Just a matter of time now....

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I went to a place in Raleigh called Tobacco Rd last weekend. Set up similar to Draft house, with restaurant on one side and bar with tables and lots of TVs on the other side. We didn't notice any smoking or smoke on the bar side, where we sat. We were wondering if smoking was even allowed (none of us smoke, and didn't notice any ashtrays). Thought how funny it would be to have a place called Tobacco Rd and not allow smoking?!

7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Hubby said if it was you, you were feelin' reaaaaaly good. :lol: I hate I didnt' say anything. Next time I will!:mrgreen:

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

From what I've read on another forum, Tobacco Rd is a non-smoking establishment.

9. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

This guy was actually on WRAL news this weekend, his thoughts about the smoking bas was that it should be up to the owner of the establishment. Yes, you are correct, Tobacco Rd is no smoking and the ironic thing is...the owner also ownes a cigar shop... I think it was called Alex's or something... not to far from the restaurant

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

11. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We had an awful experience there and won't be going back! The food was mediocre, service was horrible! We ordered simple sports bar food: chicken sandwiches, burger and fish & chips, and waited well over an hour with no explanation. Finally was told that it took our waiter a few minutes to get our order in. In a nutshell, he forgot to put our order in! Then they told us they'd give us a couple free desserts to share, which we didn't want, but took because we figured it was better than nothing, then had to wait forever for those, which we didn't even want in the first place! Then they got our bill wrong! The place was nice inside, for a sports bar, and they had some of the best fries I've ever had, but 2 people ordered chicken sandwiches and neither liked them, hubby didn't like the potato salad, and my burger was very dry. The place came recommended by someone we know. We don't go into downtown much, so need to go back anyway.

12. KellBell

that stinks you didn't have a good time. we have been many times and had good service and good food. we always meet lots of other couples there for b-ball games.....best I can remember, I think we had one time that a burger was sent back, only because it was undercooked.

13. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

hey i want a 4042.com sticker for my car too - is webbie selling them? can I have one please...I buy it.....

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We are talking about the same place right? The one on Glenwood in downtown? I was told it was new, but I never go down that way, so I don't know how new it is. I'm thinking it might have been the server I had, more than the place itself, although the food still wasn't great. I did LOVE the fries though! We didn't mind it too bad because we were with friends and were enjoying the company. We were saying that if our kids were with us we would have been very angry, and would have left long before our food came.

15. KellBell

they been there for a little over a year, on Glenwood.

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

depends on what you call undercooked, but on my plate it probably wouldn't have gone back.

Craig

17. KellBell

nor my other half...he likes it bloody and oozing....:ack:

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That's why I like going to places that grind their own meat.....I can get my burger medium rare or rare at those places.

Craig

19. KellBell

he says the same thing. Ruby Tuesday up there at 42 will cook their 'triple prime' burger for him at medium (and more on the rare side) 99% of the time, which makes him very happy.

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I got mine for FREE at a 4042 git together a few years ago.

Ask him, he may have more.