Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 24, 2009.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, so goody goody, we keep on this path, there will be no more smoking, drinking or eating non-healthy foods in restaurants:jester::lol:

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hey put your tinfoil hat on and go with me down this road.... the healthier we are, the longer we live, the longer we work, the more they can extort from us. :jester:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sounds about right:lol::lol:

4. Cleopatra

That's too bad, you know how much less knock off crackers are at Family Dollar than the grocery store? ;)

But yeah, New York City that I know of and recently the Governator of California signed the trans fat bill.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

But who wants to live a longer life if you can't eat, drink or smoke? :mrgreen:

6. Cleopatra

I'm with the Greeks, everything in moderation.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my BIL said when he turns 65, if he makes it, he is going to take up drinking, smoking (he is a former smoker from way back) and eating fast food till the day he dies.

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.

9. KellBell

I know right?....I tell ya though....someone just told me cigs were $4.60 a pack.....there is NO WAY IN H-E double hockey sticks I would pay that for a pack of smokes.

10. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Back when I quit smoking they were about 2.20 a pack... WOW what I hike!!

11. KellBell

when I quit they were $3. I just can't even imagine.....wow.

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Confusious say: "Beware Greeks bearing gifts..... especially when approaching from the rear!!! :lol:

13. Cleopatra

lol...

4.60 for a pack of smokes? Where are they buying them, Dillards?

14. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

they are always $5 a pack or better in a bar

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Seriously:confused: i just bought a carton for my DH at Smoker Friendly and there were right around $29 including tax and i bought a pack of mine (buy them by the pack since i hardly smoke during the day so a pack lasts me long time) but it was right around $3 i think. i have never paid $4 a pack for cigs. Whoever it is must be buying out of town or something.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

Price increase has taken place recently...

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i was there yesterday and woohoo, they have a promotional going on now, a free lottery ticket for each carton purchased, gonna win big tonite:lol::lol:

18. seabee

seabee Guest

ok don't forget who I am then...:grouphug::grouphug::cheers:

19. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

The point I was making referred only to public places.

As far as private places, government already has laws in place that affect them..health and sanitation, handicap accessible laws, construction, electrical, plumbing codes, etc. They are designed to ensure a safe place for a person to be. One can't operate a private club without meeting those requirements.

You can do as you wish in your own home, as I have maintained throughout.

As for banning alcohol and tobacco, you're way off. The government, at state and federal levels, make too much tax revenue to kill the goose, rather than take the golden egg. "Sin" taxes, those placed on tobacco and alcohol are there because few people give up the habit entirely, because of the increased costs. Some folks will modify their habits to reduce the cost. Most will put up a great fuss, but continue their behaviors as before. And that's what the tax man counts on happening.

We're eventually going to be tripping over mouse fecal drops, as we are arguing about the finest, far reaching points of a suggested change that is far, far away from being introduced, amended, and voted.

Let me place it in another POV. Suppose a person has an intense visceral, noxious flatulent reaction to onion rings. You see them engorging on them left and right. When they finish, they come sit right beside you and blast away. :mrgreen: What's your reaction? Do you protest about their stinking up your air? If you complain about the rotten egg smell of expressed hydrogen sulfides from the human GI tract, which is a natural reaction that every human has to one thing or another, then you can't logically argue when someone objects to the adverse effects of cigarette smoke.

BTW, I am unaware of any objective, rigorously conducted scientific experiment demonstrating adverse health effects due to inhalation of flatulence. :mrgreen: I may be wrong, and there may be some Congressionally earmarked federally funded study wasting our tax dollars on poots and their sequelae. As far as I know, the odor from expressed flatus is not carcinogenic and is a result of natural decomposition of ingested food and drinks.

As I said, feel free to smoke, puff, and poot away. 8)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Got mine this week @ BJ's for $30/ carton - $5 q-pon = $25/ carton = 2.50/pk = .12/cig [​IMG]