Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 24, 2009.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Tangerine, maybe you should buy your cigs where HG and Kaci shop....

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm gonna tell you what... I couldn't afford to smoke even if I wanted to.. I was just at Food Lion on Rock Quarry Rd. and Virginia Slims were $5.09/pk and $45.99/ctn. Marlboro were 44.99/ctn and the less expensive brands seemed to be around $32/ctn. But the $5.09/pk on the Virginia Slims caught my eye since y'all were just talking about prices today.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's what I smoke :lol::lol::lol:

Virginia Slims Ultra Lights Menthol

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Wow, don't think i will ever shop there, just picked up a pack at a convenience store in Cary on the way home yesterday and they were $3.29 including tax

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

The prices went up overnight. Mine went up $0.90 a pack. I refuse to pay $5 per pack for smokes.

6. Tangerine

If I had a coupon maybe. I smoked my last one at 6:30 this morning and haven't had one since.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

well quitting is better anyways, just like we discussed....I hope you can do it! I am rooting for you! :hurray:

8. Tangerine

I'm trying

9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Re: quitting smoking-

Good luck, stay focused and buy Tootsie Roll Pops, they are fat free, not sugar free. I learned the hard way what large amounts of sugar free candy will do to you....lol

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

But your still healthier having gained a few pounds than if you had continued smoking. :)

11. harleygirl

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Geez girl, what do you smoke, i just bought a pack last night on the way home for $3.29? But good for you if you are quitting again - they say it takes about 5 good tries for a lot of people, this is your final quit and i know you are gonna do it this time:hurray:

13. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

DH stopped Smoker Friendly on 42 and a carton of Misty's was $39! :ack:

14. Tangerine

I've been snacking all morning on fiber one cereal and a banana up until my coworker left for lunch a few minutes ago. Then I raided her M&Ms.

Kaci I was smoking Marlboro lights

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i never buy mine by the carton, cause of my working it takes me a long time to smoke it all and if they are readily available, i figure i will smoke more:lol: DH smoke Doral and that is what i got up at Smoker Friendly for around 29 or 30 a carton day before yesterday. i smoke Misty's too but yesterday like i said they were only $3.29 at the local convenience store in Cary, maybe they did not have their upgrade in taxes yet? Sometimes though you can get them even cheaper than Smoker Friendly at the Food Lion.

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Tassy, yes the extra weight I've put on is healthier than smoking.

Tang-don't kid yourself that you won't put on a few pounds, just remember that fat is easier to get rid of than cancer.

Good luck!

17. Tangerine

You just had to go there didn't you. Lol

18. harleygirl

I had to since the last time I saw you was after your surgery @ the Draft House :lol::lol:

Quit, you can do it!

19. Tangerine

And that's what scares me the most and the reason I haven't even tried to quit in the past year. I can't afford to gain even 5 more pounds

20. Tangerine

Has it been that long? Really? Wow