Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 24, 2009.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

damn, and here all this time, I thought you were perfect.....:jester::p

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

He makes the marinades, bbq sauces and rubs for stuff I grill... does prep work count?

:mrgreen:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Honestly, it's not that hard! Even "I" can do it!! DH is giving me a lesson on the wings tomorrow, as he will be out of town when I need them. But really, other than cutting them up (which I HATE!) it's just watching the clock and turning 'em every hour for 3.5 to 4 hours. I won't order a steak in a restaurant now. I'm too spoiled.

4. KellBell

ok, he is bumped back up to his original status. :cheers:

5. KellBell

mmmmmmmmmm........

and you are spoiled, as you should be!

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Its not that he can't do it, he just doesn't have much interest in cooking on the grill. He does it pretty well when he has to keep an eye on stuff that might be out there.

7. KellBell

tassy do you and craig have the green egg too?

8. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I did too.

Now i'm crushed.

Dammit.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

All you gotta do is get a taste of my shrimp and grits or one of my many other

[​IMG]

Of which I make a killer meatloaf......made even better when I can get some venison to mix in.

Craig

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Noo.. I have a big Coleman gas grill, 2 grill sides for cooking and a steamer/deep-fry basket on the side.

I've thought about getting a small smoker though, something new to play with.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

you guys are the exact opposite of me and DH, he does all the grilling but i do all the prepping and any indoor cooking except for his famous (he thinks) fried potatoes and fried deer tenderloin:lol:

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

see to me the grilling part is just too much standing around doing nothing, while if I'm in the kitchen cooking, I'm always moving and prepping something. And unlike Bobby Flay I dont have an outdoor kitchen area to prep while cooking.

Maybe if we weren't in a recession and we weren't saving money for the week in Key West that would be the next project.....an outdoor kitchen.

But would you rather have half the outdoor kitchen or this

[​IMG]

Craig

13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Well damnit I do it all!!! If my family had to wait on my hubby to learn how to cook we'd starve to death. :?

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Cooking on the egg is the ONLY cooking DH does. :?

(Why do you think I'm such a big fan??? :jester:)

15. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

OK, excuse my ignorance .... but what is an egg???? :lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

www.biggreenegg.com

I resisted buying one big time, til a friend had us over for dinner and we had some of the best food I've ever had.

(I bought mine used, couldn't afford a new one, they are terribly spendy)

17. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

My hubby is the cook and the grill master. (Be jealous but please don't throw tomatoes at me - y'all can't have him!!)

I bake! :mrgreen:

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

MMMM ...
    1. We all know I don't cook! :lol:
    2. The 28th is fine with me - it's in PEN in my calander!
    3. I don't eat when I'm drinking

I really can't wait to see all the girlies!!! Should I dress up? :lol::lol:

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No! LOL! Come as you are, be comfy, put your feet up on the couch. We are going to eat (if you want 8)) drink and be merry! LOL

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I can do that! :mrgreen:

NO BOYS ALLOWED!!!!! :lol: