A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I need Help

I need a life of my own away from the kids from time to time. I have been living in NC for the past 5 years and haven't really met a good friend to hang out with every now and then. My husband works two jobs, in a softball league so he has a few friends of his own. I am all about my kids.

I tried the Mom's club a few years back.....don't get me wrong, but its not for me. I need some ideas where I can meet other ladies, they don't have to be moms. I can be shy (and there is a reason for it) but a very good person inside and out when you give me a chance....My god...this sounds so cheesy but oh well.

2. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

there are few things in life better than these reese cup eggs!!!! YUM!!!!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Cadbury Creme Eggs :drool:

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound cheesy. I have very few girlfriends. I have quite a few girl-aquantainces (sp).

I don't do Moms clubs because it's hard to find one that isn't during the week, during the day. And the other ones I found were just an excuse for the moms to pimp out their home businesses.

I don't have any suggestions, I just wanted to let you know that I understand where you are coming from.

5. JenniferK

Peps, I'm glad you liked the pictures. I was very worried about how they came out. Your crowd was a little hard to round up all at one time! LOL

I LOVE that B&W photo of the two of you! It's my favorite!

PG--- Congrats!

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Dark Chocolate Cadbury Creme Eggs! Dark Chocolate is good for you, so they're healthier right?? :hurray:

7. JenniferK

OMG, will y'all shut up already about the chocolate???

I have to weigh and measure today!

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

But of course my dear! :lol:

I splurged and had 2 this weekend, I really could eat a bucket full of them! They are AWESOME!!!

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I am so wanting chocolate too Jen~ :banghead:

thanks tass, hg, and cf :p

I have dark chocolate covered goji berries....it'll have to do. I can share those Jen....they're no 'reese cup egg' :cry:

10. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I was very good! I saw them at Walgreens and didn't buy a one, not one single piece of Easter chocolate has passed these lips! :hurray:

12. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

:lol::jester: I can picture that, how funny! I can laugh cause I have 3 little monsters here in the house, not 10 min ago one of my pugs and my chi where fighting over something and now they are running around tearing up crap playing. Makes ya wonder sometimes.
    I hope you go the class ring!
    Sheri

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Ro,

Seems to me that your mate has his interests, which you apparently support. Obviously, you're a great parent as well. My concern is your need for friendship, and how a male might possibly misinterpret that.

Please allow me an analogy. Parents are caregivers to their kids. If a caregiver doesn't take care of himself or herself, at some point, they are unable to provide care for those they wish to care for.

Your awareness that women friends are a need is spot on. Explaining that, though, may pose a challenge. The challenge can be overcome, yet may require some delicacy on your part.

If you understand that when you present an issue to most guys, our initial reaction is to solve it, you'll do much better. I've found that most times when my LOML has presented an issue, she is more than likely just telling me so she can think out loudly. She doesn't need a solution, which is apparently a "evolutionary, biologically wired in" response in the male. She usually needs to vent, to be heard. She still prefaces those with a "I need you to hear me, not try to solve it" heads up, so I don't automatically jump into fix it mode.

Yet, few of us guys get that. Unless we can override our first reaction, which is to solve the issue, and just listen, then we kind of get vapor locked into solving. If we actually listen (not just hear) your need, we're farther along...unless the issue being presented is something that we interpret as a failure on our part.

Example.
    Female: Honey, can I ask you about something?
    Male: Yes..[ solution development button pressed] how can I help?
    F: I just want you to listen.
    M: (mentally disengaging as I do not have a problem to solve) possibility OR
    ( resetting solution development button for next use and initiating Active Listening response.) OK, what is it?
    F: I need to find some women friends.
    M: (I'm failing her needs as a partner..panic...overreaction..guilt) Why? Don't I meet your needs?
    F: (Realizes he doesn't understand that women need to talk to women)
    Never Mind.

Unfortunately, the inner childishness of the male will want us to think that we can provide for all your needs, and we react irrationally, when we are reminded that we can not.

So go easy on it, and make it a non threatening thing.

Please speak up to your mate. It may sound difficult to do, and I'll admit, some of us males think we provide all a woman needs. It's not possible, as I've learned that there are things a woman can say or not say to another woman whom she trusts, and have her feelings understood. The uniqueness of womanhood, motherhood, requires special care and handling. I urge you to find like minded women and find a friend.

Growth is good for the spiritual, mental, and emotional beings that we are.

Good Luck 8)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  14. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Wow... I feel like I just went to see a Dr. Phil show. :mrgreen:

15. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Thanks

16. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

LOL!

17. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Not cheesy at all and you aren't alone. I can so relate to that. I'm such an introvert and shy. It's been me and the kids for 10 years ...

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

and your little red phone, hehehehe:lol:

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm....lunch was a KFC cardiac bowl with extra gravy, and a large drink. Too bad I didn't get 2 of them as I could eat another.

Craig

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i'm scared to see some of those:lol::lol::lol:

Congrats PG, what a precious gift and honor for you:hurray: