"Twilight" Movie This Weekend

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Nov 17, 2008.

1. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

No it's not graphic at all, just talks about the bruises he puts on her, but it doesn't give any details on how he did it.

2. LD

LD Guest

BOOK and MOVIE were great-

I was really suprised because normally when I read a book I am SO disappointed by the movie. Not the case this time- thought they did a good job.

Cant wait to read the other books in the series!!

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

FYI-

It's playing at the $2 Howell Theatre. DD and I went Monday, her 2nd time, my first. The movie was good, but the book was better in my opinion.

4. JenJen458

JenJen458 Well-Known Member

I have read all four books and loved them. I haven't seen the movie yet. I can't wait for it to come out of dvd.

5. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read all four books. Since I'm a member of Facebook's Twilight Fan Club, "New Moon" will come out this November 2009. There was rumors about who's and who's not casting for the next movie. According to news, Jacob will be back as the same Jacob you saw in "Twilight". He is working very hard to beef himself up for his new "wolf" role. Yes, it's true that the 2nd book doesn't have much Edward in it, but according to the new director for the movie, he said he will try his best to include Edward to satisfy fans. Another rumor, which hard to tell if it's true or not, that Vanessa Hudgens (Gabriella in High School Musical) had tried out for a role in "New Moon". Other than that, the production should be starting soon and we should be able to get some info soon.

6. JenJen458

JenJen458 Well-Known Member

I've been trying to keep up with it also since I finished the books. I hope they make all four into movies. I read somewhere that they aren't sure if they will be able to make Breaking Dawn into a movie, but I hope they do.

7. CakePrincess

Oh YES, the book DOES give out details on how he did it!!!! I wish I could type this down, but I don't want to spoil other people's reading if they haven't done so. :)

8. JenniferK

So who's going to a release party Friday night? LOL

9. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

My daughter seems to think that I need to take her to Walmart Friday night at midnight! LOL

10. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Where & what?

11. CakePrincess

It's going to be in Clayton's Walmart, at midnight. Some fans may dress up as vampires, play quiz, and stuff like that, according to the website's party planner. For more info, you can check this link out. http://www.twilightthemovie.com/

12. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

hmmm midnight? grrrr!

13. rcmommy

rcmommy Well-Known Member

I've read all four and can't wait for Saturday! I want the 2 disc so I can see what deleted scenes they didn't put in! Just re-read Twilight so I have a fresh idea of comparing the movie vs. book.

For all that are wondering about the "sensuality" in the books. It mentions that Bella and Edward are both virgins in the first. Later in the series Edward insists that they wait until they are married. It's Bella that has a hard time controlling her hormones! And all of the kissing etc., is very subdued until the last book (no spoilers on why) because Edward has to be very gentle with her and he doesn't want to loose control-bite her.

I never thought I would like them because they are teen books. But they are really good. The last one is the least enjoyable...and the longest.

14. CakePrincess

I agree with you, RCMommy! The last book is GREAT! Funny, but very romantic!!!! Can't wait to see how they make "Breaking Dawn" movie out of it.

15. rcmommy

I have no idea how they will make the last into a book. Can't go too much into it for spoiler reasons. But it has the least battle/fighting in it...kwim. And the ending might be a let down from a movie standpoint...but awesome if they could get everything done right with the special effects.

have to wait and see.

16. JenniferK

So how early do you think I should go to WalMart Friday night? 11pm maybe?

17. rushlow2004

I want the movie, but not bad enough to stand in line for it.
    I can wait a little longer for it.
    Unless someone wants to get it for me for my birthday on Friday?:jester::jester::mrgreen:

18. JenniferK

It's really about the experience. DD#1 is 13 and has seen it 3 times and really really wants it. Taking her to Wal-Mart at midnight to get it will be one of those things she remembers when she's a mother. I just like to create memories, lol...

19. rushlow2004

Well that will be some memory lol.
    Sheri

20. rcmommy

My B-Day is Sunday (ugh) and it's been on my reminder list to the DH for a month that it is what I want. So I hope we don't miss out on getting it this weekend. He just rolled his eyes when I said we should pre-order it. I'm planning on watching it Saturday night! :popcorn: