A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So my 77 year old Grandmother (who looks MUCH younger) has a new "friend." He's 65. It's so cute! They are both widowed.................it's all good, just a little shocking, LOL. I will meet him at Easter. As long as she's happy and he's not gold-digging, I'm happy.

2. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Aaww that is cute :)

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Frying some fresh oysters tonight, along with some grilled salmon marinated in rosemary and garlic EVOO, and some steamed fresh asparagus. And making some iced tea, possibly key lime pie for dessert.

4. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

What is your address again? LOL

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

bon appetite'

I will be doing laps.....

however, I could drop by for a slice of pie (key lime is my absolute FAVORITEST):mrgreen:

6. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

How adorable is that!!! I wish my granny would have found another friend to grow old with. Instead she has spent the last years of her life wiping the arse of my worthless uncle... damn crackhead!!!:?

8. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Thats so sweet!!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, she is an original, LOL. She was married to my Grandfather for nearly 40 years and divorced his sorry, alcoholic behind when I was a senior in high school. She took her vows seriously, til it was just completely unreasonable to expect anyone to stay married. She re-married the same year my husband and I got married and they had a wonderful 13 years til he passed (I considered him my Grandfather, he walked me down the aisle). She's been by herself for the past 6 years and has not expressed any particular interest in dating until this fella came along. They are having a lot of fun, eating out, visiting, etc. and I am happy for her. If she ever slows down, THEN I will start to worry. She can still work me under the table.

10. seabee

seabee Guest

Are those teas the Long Island type???? Mmmmm :cheers: :lol:

11. seabee

seabee Guest

Well go over and lay down a RED beat down and kick his butt outta there to the curb...

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You are something else man. I only wish I was lucky enough to have a husband that a) got home at a decent hour and b) loved to cook wonderful food like you do.

Instead my poor hubby gets cold leftovers of whatever I attempt to cook or he gets cold take out.

13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

My aunt (his sister) kicked him to the curb last week and donated all his stuff to the Salvation Army :mrgreen::mrgreen::lol::lol::lol::lol:

14. seabee

seabee Guest

That is good...

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can cook, and well when I feel like it, but I HATE the dishes and getting help with that around here is like pulling hen's teeth. So it won't be anything "fancy" tonight, that I can assure you.

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I hate doing dishes too but most of the time I'll put them in the dishwasher. I just don't like to cook because I'm not very good at it. My daughter can outcook me anyday. I'm glad it's getting to be grilling weather. I can throw some meat on the grill and keep it from burning!

Anybody know when Porter's will open with their fresh veggies and good corn?

17. ShrtnSwt

Last night I made chicken stir fry. I had my 13 yo son cut all the veggies up. I was a little nervous but he still has all 10 fingers! LOL I figured it's time to start teaching him how to cook. I don't want him living on frozen pizzas or microwavables when he gets older.
    I love to cook too but lately I haven't felt good lately so it seems to take alot out of me to make supper.

18. seabee

seabee Guest

Shoot its grilling weather year round on my grill... :cheers:

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Same here! Yeah, DH has cooked outside in all weather, LOL. The "Big Green Egg" doesn't care what temp it is outside.

20. ShrtnSwt

Heck yeah! I'll grill out even if there is 10 ft of snow on the ground.